Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved: 7 Years, 4 Months ago can I install another language & still keep my language variables??
Solved: 7 Years, 4 Months ago Question 
heya ^_^

i want to install another dictionary in place of the english (american) one since the place where i live would use an english (uk) dictionary but i don't want to get rid of my language variables cuz i have quite a bit of html written in between them. is it possible?? Huh

thank you super much in advance!!
Solved: 7 Years, 4 Months ago
yes, make copies of current language directory and its associated main file (eg. directory english & file english.php) with your unique names
say myenglish.php file & myenglish directory ; edit myenglish.php to change properties esp. Friendly Name & Language in <html> tag
@ranjani hey ^_^ thanks for answering, but i'm not 110% sure about what you mean. can i just back up my "inc/languages/english" folder, install the new english dictionary, then put the old "english" folder back, or how do you mean??

my problem is that we use the uk spelling of colour & the american dictionary spells it color. whenever i type "colour" in a post it says that i've spelled it wrong. i would just like to change that & maybe 1 or 2 other words we spell differently as well.

thank you for your help with my problem!!
^ well, I mean that you can have two or more sets of same language by copying , renaming and changing the properties ...

AND MyBB by default doesn't indicate that spelling is incorrect - it is the dictionary used for browser (esp. firefox , opera) ..
ah!! mr @ranjani, thank you ^_^ i wasn't aware that it was firefox causing this, but come to thing of it, it's pretty obvious. i feel kinda stupid right now. thanks!!