Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
Not Solved Vacation for the Summer
Not Solved
(2012-09-21, 07:04 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: Yes, I have finally returned and begun working on code again. However... I will be switching from development to support sometime in December and someone else will be taking over work on the merge system. I should have release candidate level betas of IPB3 and vB4 by that time, if not full releases. The new maintainer will be taking on the Burning Board module.

Wow, that's alot of waiting.

Do you know if I could covert IPB 3.2 to MyBB by converting it into SMF first?
Not Solved
Not a clue, I don't keep up on the convert systems for other boards. And yes it is a lot of waiting, unfortunately some of us have lives Toungue
Not Solved
(2012-09-22, 02:57 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: Not a clue, I don't keep up on the convert systems for other boards. And yes it is a lot of waiting, unfortunately some of us have lives Toungue

I converted from SMF to MyBB successfully a few months ago. But because my board has Estonian letters such as 'äöüõ' and such, they weren't displayed correctly.
Not Solved
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
In that case, you're better off using utf 8?
Not Solved
(2012-09-22, 04:28 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: In that case, you're better off using utf 8?

And how would I do that? Is it an option given in the conversion progress?

I think I had the option to use it, and I did, but it still didn't work, but I'm not sure. I don't have a chance to test it either at the moment, as the files are on my desktop PC's hard drive and I RMA'd my mobo.
Not Solved
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
(2012-09-22, 07:26 PM)strom73 Wrote:
(2012-09-22, 04:28 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: In that case, you're better off using utf 8?

And how would I do that? Is it an option given in the conversion progress?

I think I had the option to use it, and I did, but it still didn't work, but I'm not sure. I don't have a chance to test it either at the moment, as the files are on my desktop PC's hard drive and I RMA'd my mobo.
ACP > Tools & Maintenance > System Health > UTF-8 Conversion.

There it will show you which tables are utf8 and which are not and will allow you to convert them to utf8 which aren't.
Not Solved
It shows they're already UTF-8. I converted them again, but the letters didn't change.

Here's a screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/uVrdX.png

When I converted from IPB to SMF, it had broken letters too. I tried all types of default charsets but they still didn't convert properly.

I checked the config file for my IPB and it has the default charset as blank :o