Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[For 1.8] Private Message Log
I'm having a few problems, I hope someone can help (yes, I'm using the latest version and yes, I'm sure). I'm using 1.8.6

1. When clicking on a PM the first javascript pop up would work, then everyone after that would not. In fact, it would suddenly take me to my forum home page! I fixed this using Mauricio trick to make it HTML vs. pop up.

2. Major problem right now: When filtering searches the filter doesn't hold longer than one page. Example: filtering PM To user: A, Folder: sent items works great for page 1. Page 2 does not hold any of the search options from page 1 and just lists them all. Basically, I'm unable to search anything passed page 1.

Any help would be awesome - thank you!
I have same issue as with cmdeer.
plase fix it.
(2017-06-21, 01:31 AM)cmdeer Wrote: I'm having a few problems, I hope someone can help (yes, I'm using the latest version and yes, I'm sure). I'm using 1.8.6

1. When clicking on a PM the first javascript pop up would work, then everyone after that would not. In fact, it would suddenly take me to my forum home page! I fixed this using Mauricio trick to make it HTML vs. pop up.

2. Major problem right now: When filtering searches the filter doesn't hold longer than one page. Example: filtering PM To user: A, Folder: sent items works great for page 1. Page 2 does not hold any of the search options from page 1 and just lists them all. Basically, I'm unable to search anything passed page 1.

Any help would be awesome - thank you!

1. I can't reproduce this issue.

2. This will be fixed in the next version.
My GitHub | Galaxies Realm

Please do not PM me for support; use the forum instead
Plugin has been updated to 1.3.

- Removed PHP closing tags
- Use relative time for dateline
- Changed username input to select box
- Handle display of deleted users/MyBB Engine in log

To update, just overwrite the old files with the new files.

Plugin has been updated to 1.3.1.

-Bug: Fixed PHP 7.2 does not cast unquoted string literals to strings

Plugin has been updated to 1.4.

- Fixed PHP 8.0 errors
- Use require_once for template updates

(2017-06-21, 01:31 AM)cmdeer Wrote: 2. Major problem right now: When filtering searches the filter doesn't hold longer than one page. Example: filtering PM To user: A, Folder: sent items works great for page 1. Page 2 does not hold any of the search options from page 1 and just lists them all. Basically, I'm unable to search anything passed page 1.

Has this been fixed? I'm still having this issue. I'm using Private Message Log 1.4.

Also, is there a way to prune PMs from MyBB Engine from the log? These PMs clog up the log, and MyBB Engine doesn't show up as an option under "From User:" in "Prune Private Messages".
(2021-09-10, 10:46 PM)amanda_2011 Wrote:
(2017-06-21, 01:31 AM)cmdeer Wrote: 2. Major problem right now: When filtering searches the filter doesn't hold longer than one page. Example: filtering PM To user: A, Folder: sent items works great for page 1. Page 2 does not hold any of the search options from page 1 and just lists them all. Basically, I'm unable to search anything passed page 1.

Has this been fixed? I'm still having this issue. I'm using Private Message Log 1.4.

Also, is there a way to prune PMs from MyBB Engine from the log? These PMs clog up the log, and MyBB Engine doesn't show up as an option under "From User:" in "Prune Private Messages".

Today I deleted all old files of the plugin, downloaded the latest version and uploaded it. This seems to have resolved the problem mentioned above so that the search when filtering holds for multiple pages, yet added a different issue which is that it won't do a search unless I write something in the box for "Subject contains".

I also still cannot prune PMs sent from MyBB Engine.

Please help!