Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Solved New feature on 1.6.7: Displaying forum rules
Not Solved
Hi, I've upgraded from 1.6.6. to 1.6.7 but I can't see the new "displaying forum rules" feature announced here:

http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/1.6.7

Quote:Previously, you were able to display forum rules as a link or inline within the thread listing. A new option has been added to show forum rules inline with the thread listing and when a user is making a new thread/post. You can find this option within a forum's settings.

On my forum settings, I can only see the usual three options:

Edit Forum Settings > Additional Forum Options > Forum Rules > Display Method:

- Don't display rules for this forum
- Display rules for this forum on the thread listing
- Display a link to the rules for this forum

Where's the new setting to display the forum rules when making a new thread?

Thank you.
Not Solved
Current setting titles aren't updated when you upgrade. But the option "Display rules for this forum on the thread listing" shows forum rules on newthread/newreply.
No longer involved in the MyBB project.
Not Solved
Thank you for your answer, but I don't see any rules when making a new thread on a forum with this setting on (or replying to a thread placed on that forum). However, I can see the rules in the thread listing page for that specific forum.

My upgrade seems to have been succesful. For example, the new feature of login with username or email is working fine.
Not Solved
Check your templates. They may need updating.
No longer involved in the MyBB project.
Not Solved
I tried the "Display a link to the rules for this forum" option, and it IS showing as it is now expected, on the thread listing page AND when making a new thread, but this is not working for the option "Display rules for this forum on the thread listing".

I will check the templates anyways. However, I already reverted all of them to the "originals" after upgrading.

Thank you for your help.