Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Adding a modal login box to MyBB using jQuery
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
Nice tutorial. Btw, the latest is 1.8.19 I believe?

http://jqueryui.com/download
thanks for tutorial
(04-26-2012, 06:01 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: Nice tutorial. Btw, the latest is 1.8.19 I believe?

http://jqueryui.com/download

The latest is actually 1.7.2 - that's jQuery UI Wink
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
Snap. Sleepy mind. Sad
As always Euan,grt tutorial.
I always used simple css3 modal without jquery.
But this one is real good SmileSmileSmile.
[Image: mnvhXxj.png]
Thanks guys Smile It is possible with pure CSS, but this method is completely cross-browser as far as I know (I've tested it back to IE 7).
I even added a lost pw link, Euan you should do that on your forum as their is no lost pw link.. and i won't recieve my pw in a email Sad
Ah yes, I really should. Thankyou for pointing that out Smile
Euantor, I was really pleased to see this tutorial as I hoped it might fix something that has been bugging me forever about my own modal login (prototype) - namely, if I go to a thread as a guest and hit post reply there is the option to login and when you do a nice little redirect comes up saying "thanks for logging in, you will now be returned to where you came from" - and it promptly takes me to the INDEX, not the thread. Sadly, I see that your modal shows this behavior too.

Do you have any suggestion on how this can be "fixed"? I did look in the mybb quicklogin function in general.js and it appears to be getting the url from the page - in the javascript there is this:

if(document.location.href)
			{
				form.insert({ bottom: new Element("input",
					{
						name: "url",
						type: "hidden",
						value: this.HTMLchars(document.location.href)
					})
				});
			}

I think that that value needs to be called somehow, but I have no idea how (I am very bad at javascript). If you could get this bit to work then this login would be perfect.
Random Fish and Sims Maniac
MY PLUGINS
Help MyBBSupport help you - remember to mark your threads as solved

I too had noticed this. I'll look into how I could possibly do it - thanks for reminding me about it.