Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Not Solved This Merge 'Cluster Foxtrot' is Driving Me Cazy!
Not Solved
I am soooooooo happy to see that the 'Merge' thing is such a terrible problem. Its driving me crazy, to put it mildly. I'll never get used to this because working the 'merge' and leaving the original title on the original thread, is like a Westerner trying to understand Chinese, or Japanese, or Hebrew, where everything is worked right to left.

The process is totally Bass Ackwards, in that one is expected to find the offending thread, then go into the parent thread, literally pull the offending thread into the parent one, and still keep the original title.

It's stupid. Instead, one should be able to get into the offending thread, locate the one it is to go to, and then kick it in the Arse, into the one it should be within, in the first place. And doing this should keep the original title of the original thread. If I do this now, the overall title will be the offending thread title. Its like rewarding bad behaviour.

I've gotten to the point where I refuse to even go through this thing any longer. Its too much trouble. I now just PM the offender, and tell him to take the post, pull his/her head out of his/her 'backside' and post it where it really belongs.

Sorry for the rant, but I am at the end of my rope with this Cluster Foxtrot. Now please fix it yesterday! Ok?
Not Solved
I'm not even sure what you're referring to.

What forum software are you converting from? Of course it would leave the original thread title in the original thread, isn't that the point?
No longer involved in the MyBB project.
Not Solved
He's talking about merging topics together. I think. This is so horribly written I'm not 100% positive. Maybe if he'd put more effort into articulating his issue and less effort into trying to be witty in his rage it would be easier to understand.

By the way, OP: this is free software, so you don't get to be so demanding.