Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved: 8 Years, 9 Months, 3 Weeks ago Migration by mybb to vbulletin 4.2.0
Solved: 8 Years, 9 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Hi guys, there is a chance to migrate by mybb to vbulletin 4.2.0? how can i do this? i have all of vbulletin, database and root Wink
We're not going to be able to help you move away from our platform. Contact vBulletin support instead.
No longer involved in the MyBB project.
Do you mean converting from vB to MyBB?
-Paul H.

Cogisne lingua latina?
yes sorry Smile i have vB 4.2.0 and i want to migrate on MyBB
AH! Well, the merge system's what you want then: http://docs.mybb.com/Merge_System.html

There is no official vB 4 module available right now but when I converted to MyBB over a year back (from vB 4.0.2 or something), the vB 3 module worked just fine. You can try it and see but obviously I'd advise trying it on a local install if you have such a thing Smile
ok thank you Smile
(2012-08-29, 09:09 PM)euantor Wrote: AH! Well, the merge system's what you want then: http://docs.mybb.com/Merge_System.html

There is no official vB 4 module available right now but when I converted to MyBB over a year back (from vB 4.0.2 or something), the vB 3 module worked just fine. You can try it and see but obviously I'd advise trying it on a local install if you have such a thing Smile

The password encryption is the same for vBulletin3 + vBulletin4:
$password_hash = md5(md5($password_text) . $user_salt);

The merge system would work, if not it could take a little tweaking for the database fields etc. I know that the password code should work just fine Smile.

It's possible and not hard work Smile.

Let us know how the merge system went.