Random Thread Link
Oh well thanks anyway Yaldaram
Hi @sarisisop , did you get it to work?
(2013-01-19, 04:44 PM)echofloripa Wrote: Hi @sarisisop , did you get it to work?

Hello, the change Yaldaram suggested got it working for members but not for guests. But as I got no more answers and it's an old plugin (2008) from another site I decided not to use it.

Shame because I liked it, but I'm not skilled enough to fiddle with plugins to get it working properly. If you do manage to get it sorted please let me know.
What is the error when you are a guest?
(2013-01-19, 07:43 PM)Omar G. Wrote: What is the error when you are a guest?

A blank page with "There are no threads on this board."
Make sure the "Can search forums?" group permission is checked for guests. That plugin is supposed to work as a search function.

If you want "random thread" regardless of search permissions you will need to make some edits to it.
(2013-01-19, 08:23 PM)Omar G. Wrote: Make sure the "Can search forums?" group permission is checked for guests. That plugin is supposed to work as a search function.

If you want "random thread" regardless of search permissions you will need to make some edits to it.

Aha thanks, I don't let guests search the forum so that would be it. Would you say this plugin is still ok to use today as it's an old one?
I see no issues with it if that is what you are asking.
(2013-01-19, 08:51 PM)Omar G. Wrote: I see no issues with it if that is what you are asking.

Yes I was just wondering if there was any vulnerability with it due to it's age. Thank you very much for your help, I will go back to it and give it another try.

@echofloripa please see posts above.
It works now, but not the way I thought, that it would show the link with the title of the thread... :/

Does anyone know of a plugin that shows the title of a random thread?