Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved: 8 Years, 6 Months, 4 Weeks ago No signature in selected forums
Solved: 8 Years, 6 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Hello everyone,

On my forum I have 2 news sections, one about the forum and one about the things where the forum is about.

In the news sections if I post there topics I always need to de-select that I not post my signature on the post. Is there a option or plugin that I can turn posting the signature on and off on selected forums. So that I can choose on the news forums that there no signature will be posted.

BUT......... if a member reacts on the news the signature is still available. So I want to have disable the signature with posting a post and with a reaction post the signature is there.

I hope everyone knows what I want and that someone can help me...

Thanks allot!!!!!
[Image: 5dMOCPt.png]
As far as I know, there is no standard setting to disable signatures in certain forums.

However, you could use the template conditionals plugin to deselect the checkbox and hide it when the forum ID is equal to a certain number.
(2012-10-07, 10:40 AM)euantor Wrote: As far as I know, there is no standard setting to disable signatures in certain forums.

However, you could use the template conditionals plugin to deselect the checkbox and hide it when the forum ID is equal to a certain number.

Oke, is there also no plugin for it??

And what u say how do u mean, because now I don't understand your answer Blush
There is no plugin that I know of but it would be supremely easy to code.
This will do it:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/add-forum-options
Thanks we gonna try this plugin and take a look if this have what I search.

Thanks!!

Ok, this disable the signature but like I ask if someone reply the posts I want that the signature is available. Now also the signature is not available on a reply.

So how to set that on reply's the signature works????
You will need a different plugin for that, or the Template Conditionals plugin.
<if $post['fid'] != '1' || $post['fid'] == '1' && $GLOBALS['thread']['firstpost'] != $post['pid'] then>
{$post['signature']}
</if>

That should do it for forum which fid is 1.
(2012-10-09, 10:22 PM)Omar G. Wrote: You will need a different plugin for that, or the Template Conditionals plugin.
<if $post['fid'] != '1' || $post['fid'] == '1' && $GLOBALS['thread']['firstpost'] != $post['pid'] then>
{$post['signature']}
</if>

That should do it for forum which fid is 1.

cool thanks, and where do I need to put this code?? Do I need to make a new php file and upload this on in the plugin folder??
And if I change the 1 to 2 or 3 the plugin works also for forum 2 or 3?? But if I need to make a new php file and upload this one to the plugin folder do I need to upload still for all forums a new php file??

Or how do I fix this?
Use the template conditionals and warp the {$post['signature']} in your postbit/postbit_classic template with that code. For multiple forums something like this should work:
<if !in_array($post['fid'], array(1, 2, 3)) || in_array($post['fid'], array(1, 2, 3)) && $GLOBALS['thread']['firstpost'] != $post['pid'] then>
{$post['signature']}
</if>
Cool works great!!

One more question, now the signature not shows on the post and on a reply the signature is there (like I want)

But on the post where the signature is not visible I see now a big space where nothing is wroten. Is it possible to delete the big space and the the topic is small with small text and large with large text, because now I see underneed the message a big emty space (where normal the signature is)

Is it possible to delete this space ???