gender icon on thread view
ok, so it is not showing any of the text of the field at all. How odd. Are you using any mods that affect profile fields?
Random Fish and Sims Maniac
MY PLUGINS
Help MyBBSupport help you - remember to mark your threads as solved

(11-20-2012, 08:41 PM)Leefish Wrote: What is the class in firebug?

When I inspect that element with firebug (thanks for the firebug recommendation, btw, awesome), it shows the following:

<span title="" class="gender "></span>

.gender {
    background-position: center center;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    display: inline-block;
    height: 32px;
    vertical-align: middle;
    width: 32px;
}

I noticed the browser was seeing a space after the word "gender" in the class, so I modifed the postbit template to remove the space, it now shows up properly in Firebug, but still no image.

Hmm

Wait a second, why isn't it even seeing the .male or .female (etc) class?

(11-21-2012, 12:19 AM)Leefish Wrote: ok, so it is not showing any of the text of the field at all. How odd. Are you using any mods that affect profile fields?

My entire postbit and postbit classic templates are posted in this thread, along with my CSS, and the way I set up the profile field. There is a template conditional statement in those templates. Please have a look.
I did. It is the same I used. Exactly the same. And mine worked. I am baffled. That is why I asked if you were using a mod that affects profile fields. Maybe RateU's Custom Profile fields?

That If else in your code should have no effect as it is not around that bit of postbit.
Random Fish and Sims Maniac
MY PLUGINS
Help MyBBSupport help you - remember to mark your threads as solved

(11-21-2012, 12:33 AM)Leefish Wrote: I did. It is the same I used. Exactly the same. And mine worked. I am baffled. That is why I asked if you were using a mod that affects profile fields. Maybe RateU's Custom Profile fields?

That If else in your code should have no effect as it is not around that bit of postbit.

Nope, no mods for profile fields.

Could any member that this works for, post their source code from the page, or just the specific element, taken from Firebug?

I'd like to see how specifically the browser is rendering this.

Also, would it be possible to use template conditionals based on the specific custom profile field answer to show a particular image?
I know this an old thread but instead of opening a new thread, I thought continue it here since you guys were previously discussing something that i also am interested in.

Please can someone here explain what i would need to do exactly rather having male or female (having an icon to replace both from the default text).

Any help would be super fantastic!
I found a tutorial on this
http://community.mybb.com/thread-41233.html

solved Wink
I have a question:
How to show different picture if the user didnt select his/her gender in profile? Thank you!

EDIT: I solved it! Wink
[MyBB 1.8 Czech translation] [MyBB 1.8 plugins]: Prune old PMs + optimize DB plugin --- Thank you/like system