Thread password plugin
(2013-01-02, 09:55 AM)Wolfseye Wrote: Could you maybe submit your plugin to the Mods here officially?

I could, but it would mean finding the time to do it. Most of the plugins I upload to the forums are just made in passing for the thread creator and not much thought are put into actually wanting them to be official releases (also, most are too small to be considered actual releases).

(2013-01-02, 09:55 AM)Wolfseye Wrote: Its just me I suppose. Wink

To be honest I'm surprised I've lasted this long without being questioned. It's entirely reasonable to question generosity when it comes to something that could potentially include a backdoor allowing anyone into your forum, or simply just a line that would clear your entire database, but I guess at the moment I cannot give you anything other than my word that I'd never knowingly* include malicious code into something I create. Obviously my word is meaningless considering we hardly know each other, but it's all I can give at the moment.

* I use the term "knowingly" because accidental exploits through bugs are still a possibility, but I heavily vet my code (usually in a manner that would be considered obsessive).
Thumbs Up 
I appreciate you telling me this. Wink However, as you may have guessed, since we hardly know each other I still remain cautious and can only hope that those that are more known in this forum may have the time to have a quick look at this and at least with a certain amount of assurance are able to verify that this plugin is as you say it is.

But I do thank you for doing things like that, especially since I am positively surprised that you don't charge for that. Its not a complaint of course, but I wish more people would consider that instead of charging for their stuff. There are some Plugins I realized were a huge load of work, so in a way I can understand that those developers do want a bit compensation for all their work.

However, some Mods seem rather small (from a outsider point of view) and I think shouldn't be asked money for them. Especially Subscriptions I really dont like. If there is a good plugin and it was a lot of work, take a once price for that but don't call it a Subscription which I have to renew each year and add lots of smaller plugins that often are not really worth any money.

No offense intended !

As example, I am running Websites, Gameservers & other things over the last 10 years that cost me a lot of money and work, often and in the long run more work than a common plugin someone works on for a couple weeks on. Now if I would take money for running that, or everyone for that matter, there would be no Gaming Community anymore. Noone is forced to do something that cost him work or money. But if you ask compensation for everything, things will fall apart. If there are programms like OPEN OFFICE for free, that are far more work than any plugin for a forum I really am sure, how can a small plugin cost me 10 Euro or something ? That doesn't fit together.

Sorry for the Off-Topic. Wink

Wolfseye
(2012-12-01, 02:05 PM)Beardy Wrote: Even though Yaldaram seems to have taken this on, I needed something to keep me occupied and decided to make one too, which you can have for free. Spend the money on a christmas present or something.

ThreadPass
Features
Protects password-protected threads in:
  • Printable version
  • Archive
  • RSS Syndication
  • Portal
  • Search results by post
  • Subscribed threads
  • Attachments linked to the thread
  • 'Who posted' popup

Adds 'view authenticated users' to top of thread, for thread owner or "super-usergroups" to view which users have authenticated themselves with this thread:

[Image: zzuB7.png]

Affixes icon to thread title in forum display, indicating protected threads (icon changeable via ACP):

[Image: 7LxfO.png]

Bugs and known issues
- Currently, attachments will still show up in the Portal and RSS Syndication feeds, which I haven't the patience to get rid of.
- If you refresh the syndication page, it duplicates certain posts.

If you spot any bugs, feel free to send me a PM on here, but I wouldn't hold my breath for an answer.

Attachment Contents:
./ThreadPass1.0.3
  ./images
  . threadpass_affix.png
  ./inc
  . ./plugins
  . . ./Beardy
  . . . ./threadpass
  . . . . functions.php
  . . . . mybb_functions.php
  . . . . plugin_hooks.php
  . . . globalfunctions.php
  . threadpass.php

Free never tasted so good. Happy holidays.
this plugin has many files!upload all files?
up...........
^ yes, upload all of them. if you are using ftp client like filezilla then you can simply drag & drop to upload.
thanks!
(2013-09-13, 06:41 PM)kamranasd Wrote:
(2012-12-01, 02:05 PM)Beardy Wrote: Even though Yaldaram seems to have taken this on, I needed something to keep me occupied and decided to make one too, which you can have for free. Spend the money on a christmas present or something.

ThreadPass
Features
  • Printable version
  • Archive
  • RSS Syndication
  • Portal
  • Search results by post
  • Subscribed threads
  • 'Who posted' popup

That plugin works reliable ?

Wolfseye

Its work in local is very nice but in real site , don't accept password from members !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThreadPass
Features
  • Printable version
  • Archive
  • RSS Syndication
  • Portal
  • Search results by post
  • Subscribed threads
  • 'Who posted' popup

Adds 'view authenticated users' to top of thread, for thread owner or "super-usergroups" to view which users have authenticated themselves with this thread:

[Image: zzuB7.png]

Affixes icon to thread title in forum display, indicating protected threads (icon changeable via ACP):

[Image: 7LxfO.png]

Bugs and known issues
- Currently, attachments will still show up in the Portal and RSS Syndication feeds, which I haven't the patience to get rid of.
- If you refresh the syndication page, it duplicates certain posts.

If you spot any bugs, feel free to send me a PM on here, but I wouldn't hold my breath for an answer.

Attachment Contents:
./ThreadPass1.0.3
  ./images
  . threadpass_affix.png
  ./inc
  . ./plugins
  . . ./Beardy
  . . . ./threadpass
  . . . . functions.php
  . . . . mybb_functions.php
  . . . . plugin_hooks.php
  . . . globalfunctions.php
  . threadpass.php

not working Sad
Heart MYBB  Heart
(2015-08-31, 06:53 PM)Beautiful Wrote: not working Sad

That means absolutely nothing to a developer as it describes nothing of what is wrong or broken with the plugin. You will need to include what the error is and what steps you took that resulted in it not working. The more information you can provide that led to the issue with the plugin, the quicker the developer can fix it. You will also want to include which version of MyBB you are using. This cannot be stressed enough as no one has the ability to read your mind and know exactly what you're talking about. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but that's just the way it is.
Here are my mod (attached).

I fixed some bugs.
Added hashing a password.
Add basic language support.
Only first post has a field Password.
Less information in searching.

Attached Files
.zip   threadpass1.0.3b.zip (Size: 14.83 KB / Downloads: 48)