Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
InstantMyBB - Free Forum Hosting!
[Image: Screen%20Shot%202013-03-16%20at%206.43.34%20PM.png]

What is InstantMyBB?
InstantMyBB is a free forum hosting service using the MyBB forum software. Instant MyBB uses very secure servers that are optimized for MyBB to help your forum run at light speed. What is the catch? We only ask that you run our small single ad on the top of your forum to help us pay for the servers that keep your forum alive. We offer immediate free support along with the services and we respond very promptly. Unlike our competitors we allow you to install your own themes and we have an extensive plugin list. We are also not running a highly modified version of MyBB that prevent main functions from working properly. We did our best to make sure things were as easy and seamless as possible.

Is it really "free"?
Yes, it really is! But your forums will be required to host our ads unless you pay for ad removal.

Why is there ads?
Servers aren't free, and without ads..we couldn't generate income to pay for the servers and other purchases.

How can I signup?
Simply, click here.

Enjoy the services fellas Smile.
Nice minimal look, however I failed to find complete feature list. I wonder what other features you have - like allowing to upload images for custom themes, customizing with purchased domain names etc.
[Image: logo.svg.svg]
(03-04-2013, 02:25 AM)effone Wrote: Nice minimal look, however I failed to find complete feature list. I wonder what other features you have - like allowing to upload images for custom themes, customizing with purchased domain names etc.

Thanks effone!

We have 98% of the core features of MyBB. There are some stripped options/settings that we manage for you to make sure your forum is secure, fast, and painless.

You can upload your own themes and customize it with your purchased domain name!!
Interesting. It looks like IcyBoards has some competition now. Why are your ads so large? 728x90 is quite big and annoying to customers.
RedHat Certified Systems Administrator
(03-04-2013, 02:32 AM)spork985 Wrote: Interesting. It looks like IcyBoards has some competition now. Why are your ads so large? 728x90 is quite big and annoying to customers.

Hehe, it would seem so!
*takes out boxing gloves*

Thanks for your suggestion on the ad size Smile. It has been dropped to 468x60
Looks good so far IMO. Will be watching this one *bookmarked
Themefreak - High Quality Premium Themes
(03-04-2013, 02:48 AM)wils172 Wrote: Looks good so far IMO. Will be watching this one *bookmarked

Thanks Smile. Much appreciated!
Quote:Our servers will never go down. Our servers are rock-solid and our infranstructure is unbreakable. Your websites are safe!

You spelled infrastructure wrong. Also, you do not have any DDOS protection. You WILL need it. trust me, I've been doing this for over 2 years.
RedHat Certified Systems Administrator
(03-04-2013, 02:53 AM)spork985 Wrote:
Quote:Our servers will never go down. Our servers are rock-solid and our infranstructure is unbreakable. Your websites are safe!

You spelled infrastructure wrong. Also, you do not have any DDOS protection. You WILL need it. trust me, I've been doing this for over 2 years.

Oopsies! Smile

I'll fix that up and I understand it's hard to pay for everything right off the bat when it hasn't generated any money yet.

Thanks for the tip tho! +1
Looks good, Jason! I like the minimalistic design, especially for the forum. Who coded the multiforums script?