Discuss: MyBB 1.2.1 and 1.1.8 Security Update
Yes, some servers are Windows powered, but don't they only work with ASP? That is what I was led to believe...Linux works with PHP and Windows works with ASP. Maybe that's just something my host does??

And oh, Tiki, God forbid a Mac fan comes on here and sees your post! LMAO! Big Grin
Jude

If I post in your thread, please do not PM me for more help! Thanks!

judel Wrote:Yes, some servers are Windows powered, but don't they only work with ASP? That is what I was led to believe...Linux works with PHP and Windows works with ASP. Maybe that's just something my host does??

Windows servers can run Apache, MySQL, PHP, just like Linux does. Want proof? Simply install XAMPP on your windows computer. (If you didn't know, any computer with the appropriate software can be a server too).

Alternatively you can check out Apache, MySQL, and PHP's websites respectively, and they all have Windows listed on their download pages.
Dennis Tsang
Former MyBB Team Member
Web: http://dennistt.net
I'll take your word for it...Like I said, it was just something I thought was universal due to my host! Toungue
Jude

If I post in your thread, please do not PM me for more help! Thanks!

Paretje Wrote:
CraKteR Wrote:
Paretje Wrote:Good work! Good for the Windows users.
Good for all users. Not just Windows users.

Linux has no problems with viruses Wink
What? I guess you've misunderstood something about this security bug.
judel Wrote:Yes, some servers are Windows powered, but don't they only work with ASP? That is what I was led to believe...Linux works with PHP and Windows works with ASP. Maybe that's just something my host does??

And oh, Tiki, God forbid a Mac fan comes on here and sees your post! LMAO! Big Grin

Like Chris Toungue And besides, I didn't say macs weren't cool, they just aren't popular. If they supported all the other games and software et cetera, they'd probably be more popular than windows, except they'd have to go through that security curve, like microsoft has.
Macs are popular, among Mac fanboys Toungue

If you want to play games, just buy a Mac and use BootCamp to run Windows. Then you can play games.

We're going way off topicSad
[Image: rss.png]