Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Web Hosting Discussion 2.0
Digitalocean is the best all the way! Great, professional, friendly support, good pricing, good UI. loyalty and customer care Wink
Really?  Huh
Hi everyone,
I'm not sure if you're familiar with Vultr, it's a dirt cheap VPS & bare metal hosting service.

In my experience it's been a delight to work with, they even allow you to upload your own .ISO installation file.
 I've attached an image to show you the pricing and geekbench scores.

I was wondering how many users do you think Vultr could handle with myBB per day on the 2 CPU plan?

This would be a big help to know!

[Image: 2ze9cnn.jpg]
Host: Aspiration Hosting
Plan: Basic
Types of hosting offered: (I'm not sure, sorry)
Sites Hosted: pern.second-pass.net
Review: I've been with them since about 2014, and I've never had any issues. They are always swift and helpful when I have issues; they've helped me out even when I've ended up in situations where I thought I'd completely destroyed my site. They were suggested to me when I originally used SMF software, and I've stuck with them since the move to MyBB.
[Image: Zcz1gZM.png]
(01-03-2019, 10:18 AM)ZeoWorks Wrote: Hi everyone,
I'm not sure if you're familiar with Vultr, it's a dirt cheap VPS & bare metal hosting service.

In my experience it's been a delight to work with, they even allow you to upload your own .ISO installation file.
 I've attached an image to show you the pricing and geekbench scores.

I was wondering how many users do you think Vultr could handle with myBB per day on the 2 CPU plan?

This would be a big help to know!

[Image: 2ze9cnn.jpg]

I've used Vultr before, and they're pretty good. I can't give any particularly good estimate regarding how many users a particular plan could handle as it depends on a lot of factors (eg: choice of web server - Nginx or Apache; which plugins are installed; which features are enabled; etc.).
(01-03-2019, 10:18 AM)ZeoWorks Wrote: Hi everyone,

Acutely aware. We run our pabx on Vultr because it has a local DC. It's a relatively good service. But they get narky (and claim bank fraud - like seriously, jumping to that... seriously?) if you cancel a card, forget to update it and forget to tell them.
[Image: kAhpvOW.png]