Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved: 9 Years ago Unable to Update
Solved: 9 Years ago
I am trying to update my forum from 1.6.10 to 1.6.11 by following the instructions but I was unable to follow them. It doesn't seem to know there is a new version. I am unable to select the correct version for the update as it doesn't go any higher then 1.6.9.
PS: HostGator is my host if that matters.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Did you upload all of the files?
(2013-11-08, 02:11 AM)Negima Wrote: I am trying to update my forum (...)

Make sure to read carefuly and download correct upgrade pack for your myBB version
http://blog.mybb.com/2013/10/08/mybb-1-6...e-release/
Firstly make sure that you are in fact running 1.6.10. To check this go to Admin CP -> Version Check

If your current version is 1.6.10 then you will want to use the Changed Files Package (MD5: e48c948cbdeef2cea756f88874d84ceb), else if it's lower you will want the 1.6.11 Release Package (MD5: 918be9675d3d50c63bfe4c6cbf17fd0f)

Delete your ./install directory then upload all the files from the package that you've chosen from above.

If the drop-down still doesn't display a selection row for 1.6.10 then make sure you're absolutely sure you have uploaded all files. (./install/resources/upgrade27.php needs to exist).
(2013-11-09, 01:26 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: Firstly make sure that you are in fact running 1.6.10. To check this go to Admin CP -> Version Check

If your current version is 1.6.10 then you will want to use the Changed Files Package (MD5: e48c948cbdeef2cea756f88874d84ceb), else if it's lower you will want the 1.6.11 Release Package (MD5: 918be9675d3d50c63bfe4c6cbf17fd0f)

Delete your ./install directory then upload all the files from the package that you've chosen from above.

If the drop-down still doesn't display a selection row for 1.6.10 then make sure you're absolutely sure you have uploaded all files. (./install/resources/upgrade27.php needs to exist).

So I delete the file? When my host did it they renamed install.bak to install. I have done the Version Check and I know I am running on 1.6.10.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What I mean by deleting the install directory is that you would be able to tell if it isn't being uploaded with the files package.

If it makes it easier for you just upload the correct package and make sure that ./install/resources/upgrade27.php exists.
So do I upload it with my mydomain.com/forum/install or go to my cPanel and use my file manager?
^ you can use ftp client (eg. filezilla) or the file manager - whichever is convenient for you
I don't have filezilla so it will have to be the file manager. I am just not sure will to put it yet.
(2013-11-10, 09:24 AM)JordanMussi Wrote: What I mean by deleting the install directory is that you would be able to tell if it isn't being uploaded with the files package.

If it makes it easier for you just upload the correct package and make sure that ./install/resources/upgrade27.php exists.

Ok, I think I have got it, but just to be sure I am going to run through it. After the back up step I delete the existing install.bak file in my file manager then upload Changed Files Package (MD5: e48c948cbdeef2cea756f88874d84ceb) in the same spot I found install. Then I go to mydomain.com/install and select the correct version, which should be available now, and follow the instructions. After which I make sure the new install file is locked.

After rereading the instructions I realized that I skipped step one. I am new to this after all and was a bit rushed at the time.
Quote:Upload ALL of the files and folders inside the package (from inside the "Upload" folder if using the latest version/full package), including the ./install/ folder (if it exists), overwriting the existing copies of the files in your file system.
So now I just want to be sure I am uploading it to the right place. I have already checked and double checked that I am on version 1.6.10 so I will be using the Changed Files package.