Jump to the post that solved this thread.
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Solved: 5 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago Forum Bounce Rate ????
Solved: 5 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Guys what is an average bounce rate for a forum and how to reduce it?
Bounce rate

How to reduce it? That depends on forum. You should get interesting, unique content or provide any other attractions which would keep your visitors. That's up to you.
I know by the fact that people tend to bounce sooner if its a forum so I am wondering what bounce rate is ok for a forum site!
I don't think there are statistics like that available... Or they would be very inaccurate because it depends on forum's niche, its theme, current activity and more.
Thanks Amigo very much!
There might be several reasons for high bounce rate? first of all check on which page you are facing the issue? Is it registration page? or some thread? is that thread ranking in search engines?

Usually high bounce rates shows three major issues.
1. First the thread on which user landed was not relevant to him
2. it took too long to load that page
3. The design was poor, there was a long form to be filled.
I have a forum which has very high bounce rate, and it is a new forum. Another one with following, has 48% bounce rate.
Providing high quality content
Topic/Thread title must be very appropriate to the content
Provide them related threads below the page
My Forum project: DevOpsRun.com | MyBB plugins: Addthis
Bounce rate at 50% is not unheard of. One way to reduce bounce rate is to not look at it. That's what I do. Or, if you want real advice, concentrate on compelling content.
Find me here or at my new blog about MyBB, Web Design, SEO
My Services
MyBB Themes
On forums, bounce rate is greatly affected by how easy you make it to determine if there is new content. Putting "latest posts" on the home page will increase bounce rate for slow forums as that is the only place that users need to go to see if it is worth continuing.
Lost interest, sold my sites, will browse here once in a while. It's been fun.
(03-13-2015, 08:27 PM)pavemen Wrote: On forums, bounce rate is greatly affected by how easy you make it to determine if there is new content. Putting "latest posts" on the home page will increase bounce rate for slow forums as that is the only place that users need to go to see if it is worth continuing.

So, new forums must have high quality content more frequently
My Forum project: DevOpsRun.com | MyBB plugins: Addthis
Jump to the post that solved this thread.