Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[F] News plugin help
Um... I sent you it...what's going on? Did I do something wrong?
[Image: logo.png]
Yeah but then it wouldn't be displayed in the content and that wouldn't come out right. Plus, I'm not sure how the news displays it in the first place. I activated it and it wouldn't display the news, even after posting news afterwards.
Please upload top.txt not send it to me. If you don't want to attach it here send it to [email protected]
Oh I am sorry does my quick dirty fix offend you? If so why not at least give me the courtesy of a pm so I know the reason of my posts be deleted.
NetAdmin @ PharosIRC
irc.pharosirc.net
#Help,#lobby,#linux
MrStatic
I already PMed you the link of top.txt, what else could you need?
RandomNumber Wrote:Oh I am sorry does my quick dirty fix offend you? If so why not at least give me the courtesy of a pm so I know the reason of my posts be deleted.

RandomNumber, your quick and dirty fix completely rewrites the hole function with crappy code and bugs. It does not offer a real solution to a problem. I am working with someone to fix this issue.
In inc/class_session.php find:

my_setcookie("sid", $this->sid, -1, true);

and replace with:

if(!$_COOKIE['sid'] && $this->sid) 
{ 
        my_setcookie("sid", $this->sid, -1, true); 
} 

Please try and see if that fixes the bug with the news plugin.

Cheers,
Tikitiki

*this has also been fixed for MyBB 1.2.3 so I'll move it to bug reports.

Many thanks to chris for the fix.
This bug has been fixed in the latest code.

Please note the latest code is not live on the site or for download. An update will be released which contains this fix.
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/edgarj/public_html/news.php:9) in /home/edgarj/public_html/forums/inc/functions.php on line 1121

i have use the code, and replace the functons.php with a fresh one!
Make it you! Make it real. - Edgar J.