Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 4 Weeks ago Bad Installation and need advise
#1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Seems everything went smootly and the install was a success!

BUT,
When I tried to open the forum (index.php) it gave me an error message:
"/home/dansmark/public_html/D2LC-Forum/inc/languages/english/global.lang.php does not exist"

I think I made an error in the Board Configuration Page.
How do I change that page?
Or do I have to go back throught the whole install process?

Thanks,
Dansmark
#2
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 4 Weeks ago
Have you checked to see if you've uploaded all the files correctly? Looks like you missed some of the language files.
My GitHub | Galaxies Realm

Please do not PM me for support; use the forum instead
#3
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 4 Weeks ago
That files there...

I'm thinking it was the "/home/dansmark/public_html/" in the Board Config. Page.
Maybe it should have been "http://dansmark.com" or with slash.

Is there a place to edit the Board Config, Page?

Well I tried to delete all the files and re-install from scratch, but the floders & files in "inc/languages/english/All-files" won't delete (and they are ALL null).
I've tried changing the c-mode on them all and deleting them (they dissappear and then are somehow re-created!)

So I can't do a darn thing with this MyBB forum...

Can anyone help?
I guess I can delete the database too, maybe that will help?

I finally got it installed correctly...

1st) The problem was the pathway to my files were incorrect (like I stated in the 1st post above!).
2nd) The files I memtioned above wouldn't delete (still don't know why, so I had to create a differnt directory).

The "fix":
I deleted the whole directory on my c:\, then recreated another directory with a different name and copied all MyBB files to it.
Next I copied them all through my FTP client to my web-site directory.
Then I deleted my database and user-name.
Re-created database & user-name.
Then I re-installed MyBB (but this time I found the correct pathway info on MyBB's web-site).
Now it's up and running and works correctly.


Please Note:
Starpaul20,
You jumped to a (in my opinion) "quick & thoughless conclusion".
You never bothered to address the board confg. error and where I could change it (this might have cleared up the problem, but no chance was given).

This is for all that provide help:
If help is given, at least answer the whole problem, that might clear-up a misconception the person has, or in this case, a possible "quick fix to a lot of extra work".

Thanks,
DansMark


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)