Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[For 1.8] Drafts AutoSave – Save posts and threads as drafts automatically
(05-14-2014, 09:19 PM)Euan T Wrote: Agreed with pavemen too. Lob it in a cookie, then possibly think about persisting to db on window close (if not posted).

Wouldn't that be against the purpose of the plugin itself? I mean, what if light goes away and your computer shuts down? The plugin could have saved the content in a cookie but it may have been corrupted. I don't know... @VirusZero hybrid approach sounds more reliable to me, but you may still have other ideas to share. Let's hear.
[Image: fSGNVQj.png]
Well it could be corrupted in many ways. If you PC just shuts down, you have more to worry about than some post a forum.
Lost interest, sold my sites, will browse here once in a while. It's been fun.
Ideally (and if we were on 1.8 as the current stable release), I'd say that drafts should be created as a plugin to SCEditor with an optional server-side store that users can enable if they want to. Even more ideally, that server-side store would use something like Redis to store the drafts rather than a traditional SQL database.

Obviously the former isn't true (yet) and the latter is extremely specific and not particularly likely for 99% of MyBB installs Wink
@pavemen: That's what I am trying to achieve. Not to worry about the posts I am making because I know there's a backup plan in case something is lost/corrupted/etc..
Add a new table, store everything in there, handle it using AJAX. This is similar to what MyAlerts has to dealt with, if I make myself clear..

Hybrid solution sounds good too.
Finally, I've managed to finish this plugin. It is available here. I've chosen to use browser LocalStorage, PluginLibrary and Database as saving engines. All informations are included in the thread linked above.
(09-21-2014, 09:25 AM)Shade Wrote: Finally, I've managed to finish this plugin. It is available here. I've chosen to use browser LocalStorage, PluginLibrary and Database as saving engines. All informations are included in the thread linked above.

I am unable to register on your site ...Their is no captcha or sex fields to enter the details at , but i am getting the error that i need to fill those fields in order to register
Register with a social network instead. All of them should work fine.