[Rejected] Forum overwrite
I don't know if this points to a missing feature, or simply underscores the idea that an admin needs to pay attention. But I did this just to see what would happen.

I copied all the 1.8 files on top of an existing 1.6.1.3 test installation, and gave the install (not upgrade) command. Obviously, no admin should do this, but I was curious to see what would happen. The result was an install that seems to be successful, and new forum that wiped out the old one, including a new admin account.

I didn't bother to check the old database, and I assume it is still there in case a admin didn't have a backup.
Can you please explain where's the bug? I'm not understanding, sorry.
All my plugins are available for free at MyBB Extend and on my GitHub. MyBB-Plugins.com has been closed and none of my plugins are officially maintained or supported.
(2014-06-23, 08:24 PM)Andrew B. Wrote: I don't know if this points to a missing feature, or simply underscores the idea that an admin needs to pay attention.

Indeed.
(2014-06-24, 02:01 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: Can you please explain where's the bug? I'm not understanding, sorry.

As I said in the first sentence of my first post "I don't know if this points to a missing feature, or simply underscores the idea that an admin needs to pay attention."

IOW, all I was doing was dutifully reporting it. It's up to you to decide which it is.
Sorry it was 3AM when I replied, I was falling asleep. Yes, this is not a bug.
All my plugins are available for free at MyBB Extend and on my GitHub. MyBB-Plugins.com has been closed and none of my plugins are officially maintained or supported.