Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
[For 1.8] Font-Awesome Forum Icons & Unique Ficons
Brilliant little tut!! Thanks Big Grin Easy to change icons over as well if new ones come out Smile Big Grin
Thanks Smile
Thank your instructions, but I found many articles to add, I do not quite understand, you wish to update the way from start to finish time for this tutorial.
Thank you!
Thank you for a good tutorial.

After implementing this I was wondering if it would be possible to add separate icons to to each forum. Such as lets say I have a category called "Support" with the forums "Technical support, Tutorials, F.A.Q" I'd like to be able to add a different icon to each one, eg: gears for tech support, a book for tutorials, question mark for FAQ...

(07-29-2014, 04:06 PM)Eric J. Wrote: Finding New Icons
If you're using Google Chrome you can go here http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icons/ and right click > inspect element. Then expand the <i> tag and click the ::before element, which should show the icon in the right sidebar.

Instead of doing that you could just click the icon and it will show you the code for the icon.

Like this.
[Image: e5746c0713bd0580cff2758635fe1a0e.png]
(11-19-2014, 07:35 PM)FReQuEnZy Wrote: Thank you for a good tutorial.

After implementing this I was wondering if it would be possible to add separate icons to to each forum. Such as lets say I have a category called "Support" with the forums "Technical support, Tutorials, F.A.Q" I'd like to be able to add a different icon to each one, eg: gears for tech support, a book for tutorials, question mark for FAQ...

(07-29-2014, 04:06 PM)Eric J. Wrote: Finding New Icons
If you're using Google Chrome you can go here http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/icons/ and right click > inspect element. Then expand the <i> tag and click the ::before element, which should show the icon in the right sidebar.

Instead of doing that you could just click the icon and it will show you the code for the icon.

Like this.
[Image: e5746c0713bd0580cff2758635fe1a0e.png]

Yes you can, I plan to add that to this tutorial at some point.

But as for finding the icon code, if you try my method you'll see that the output code is much different.
You mean using the css 'content' property to add icons?
Yeah, that's used because it had to change icons based on the class. It would also work for Ficons.
Thanks.

When do you think that you could post the tutorial for different icons to each forum, while having them act in a similar manner as the current forum icons, ones that can be styled to show new posts?
(11-20-2014, 11:36 AM)FReQuEnZy Wrote: Thanks.

When do you think that you could post the tutorial for different icons to each forum, while having them act in a similar manner as the current forum icons, ones that can be styled to show new posts?

I've just added that to the first post. Smile
Very nice! Thank you so much. Big Grin

+Resp Smile