Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
[For 1.8] Font-Awesome Forum Icons & Unique Ficons
Very nice tutorial.
[Image: tdlfbanner.png]
If any of you set up your forum using font-awsome, I'd love to see which font-icons you use to represent all the states (new, hot, no-new, post by user, locked) plus all the combinations of those states. I've yet to figure it out.
how much resource does this add to the pageload?
(07-29-2014, 04:06 PM)Eric J. Wrote: LOAD FONT AWESOME

In your Templates section of the MyBB ACP, find the Ungrouped Templates -> headerinclude template. Add the following after {$stylesheets}:

Hi, I could find only Global Templates and Default Templates under Templates in ACP.
(03-01-2015, 05:14 PM)expat Wrote: how much resource does this add to the pageload?

Depends on what browser you're using. If you/your visitor is using the latest Chrome then this adds a 55KB file to your page load. This can be further improved by building the font custom instead of including all 500+ icons. You could also Gzip and cache properly, load from a CDN, etc.

(03-02-2015, 04:24 PM)meetdilip Wrote:
(07-29-2014, 04:06 PM)Eric J. Wrote: LOAD FONT AWESOME

In your Templates section of the MyBB ACP, find the Ungrouped Templates -> headerinclude template. Add the following after {$stylesheets}:

Hi, I could find only Global Templates and Default Templates under Templates in ACP.

I suggest creating a new set of templates instead of changing the default templates, but it would actually be Default Templates > Ungrouped Templates.
(03-02-2015, 06:15 PM)Eric J. Wrote: I suggest creating a new set of templates instead of changing the default templates

Ok. Explain how to do it please. Do not want to mess up. I mean through which option can I add a new template ? Also should I just add the code in Step 1 to this template ? That's all ?
(03-02-2015, 06:19 PM)meetdilip Wrote:
(03-02-2015, 06:15 PM)Eric J. Wrote: I suggest creating a new set of templates instead of changing the default templates

Ok. Explain how to do it please. Do not want to mess up. I mean through which option can I add a new template ? Also should I just add the code in Step 1 to this template ? That's all ?

There should be an "Add Set" option located at the top of the template listing, and an option on each theme page to decide which template set it's currently using. This just makes it easier to manage where you've made changes and test them first. Not really a necessity, just something for better organization.
Thanks for the nice tutorial.

I am wondering, how to make the thread icons font awesome as well and also to take it a step further, why not the entire forum?
i have installed thanks plugin i want to add fontawesome thank button instead of Default thank button with heart plus icon .
There should probably be a template for that button you can edit, then just use the standard font awesome markup,

<i class="fa fa-thumbs-up"></i>