MyBB <-> MediaWiki Bridge - 30.07.2014
This is a updated version of the previous MyBB Mediawiki Bridge Plugins.
All credits go to Kieran (Polarbear) and Shukaku

Instructions:

Download and extract the contents of this zip file. Then open up the AuthMyBB.php file. At the top, there is a variable to your forums path. Put the relative path to your forums directory (../<yourforumdirhere>/) inside and upload this to your MediaWiki root. You can now login to the Mediawiki with your MyBB accounts.

Attached Files
.zip   mediawiki_mybb.zip (Size: 3.18 KB / Downloads: 275)
Has anyone used this?  Does it work with MyBB 1.8.4 and Mediawiki 1.24.2 ?
You can always try. Should it not send me an email.
Just wanted to say this is working on localhost for MyBB 1.8.6 and MediaWiki 1.26.2. Thanks!
Tried using this with MyBB 1.8.6 and MediaWiki 1.26.3 on localhost, didn't work. Got a PHP depreciation error first, resolved that, but then returned an exception error that I couldn't fix when I tried to log in:

Exception encountered, of type "Error" 

Any tips?
I've got the full error for this issue:

[700b8cef78768755d6564654] //wiki/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin Error from line 51 of /wiki/AuthMyBB.php: Call to undefined function mysql_connect()

Backtrace:

#0 /wiki/AuthMyBB.php(58): AuthMyBB->openDB()
#1 /wiki/includes/auth/AuthPluginPrimaryAuthenticationProvider.php(245): AuthMyBB->userExists(string)
#2 /wiki/includes/auth/AuthPluginPrimaryAuthenticationProvider.php(206): MediaWiki\Auth\AuthPluginPrimaryAuthenticationProvider->testUserCanAuthenticateInternal(User)
#3 /wiki/includes/auth/AuthManager.php(452): MediaWiki\Auth\AuthPluginPrimaryAuthenticationProvider->beginPrimaryAuthentication(array)
#4 /wiki/includes/auth/AuthManager.php(382): MediaWiki\Auth\AuthManager->continueAuthentication(array)
#5 /wiki/includes/specialpage/AuthManagerSpecialPage.php(353): MediaWiki\Auth\AuthManager->beginAuthentication(array, string)
#6 /wiki/includes/specialpage/AuthManagerSpecialPage.php(482): AuthManagerSpecialPage->performAuthenticationStep(string, array)
#7 /wiki/includes/htmlform/HTMLForm.php(663): AuthManagerSpecialPage->handleFormSubmit(array, VFormHTMLForm)
#8 /wiki/includes/specialpage/AuthManagerSpecialPage.php(416): HTMLForm->trySubmit()
#9 /wiki/includes/specialpage/LoginSignupSpecialPage.php(305): AuthManagerSpecialPage->trySubmit()
#10 /wiki/includes/specialpage/SpecialPage.php(522): LoginSignupSpecialPage->execute(NULL)
#11 /wiki/includes/specialpage/SpecialPageFactory.php(578): SpecialPage->run(NULL)
#12 /wiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(287): SpecialPageFactory::executePath(Title, RequestContext)
#13 /wiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(862): MediaWiki->performRequest()
#14 /wiki/includes/MediaWiki.php(523): MediaWiki->main()
#15 /wiki/index.php(43): MediaWiki->run()
#16 {main}

-------------------------------------------------------

(2016-06-13, 06:54 AM)philam Wrote: Tried using this with MyBB 1.8.6 and MediaWiki 1.26.3 on localhost, didn't work. Got a PHP depreciation error first, resolved that, but then returned an exception error that I couldn't fix when I tried to log in:

Exception encountered, of type "Error" 

Any tips?
Sooo i had enough i made a Git repository for that Plugin and alterted the code a little bit for newer MySQL and PHP Versions.
https://github.com/Modding/MyBB-Mediawiki-Bridge
I've updated this extension for MediaWiki >= 1.27.0; latest version tested: 1.35.1:

https://github.com/lairdshaw/MyBBAuth
Seems like quite a simple but highly demanded plugin @Laird, you should open a release thread.
Thanks, and done, @Omar G:

MyBBAuth: a MediaWiki extension enabling wiki login via credentials on a MyBB forum