Jump to the post that solved this thread.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved: 5 Years, 1 Month, 1 Week ago Missing images on forums homepage
Solved: 5 Years, 1 Month, 1 Week ago
Thank you Destroy666! I appreciate all your help!
(09-05-2014, 08:27 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: 2nd step is not done correctly - thread_status.css and other 1.8 specific stylesheets are missing. If you're sure that they are available for your theme in ACP, please provide temporary admin account in PM so I can check it.

This appears to be similar to the problem that I have. I have re-uploaded the complete images folder, checked that the style sheet that you talk about is there (it is listed in the style sheet orders list (see Stylesheet orders.png below)). I have checked the chmod settings on the files.

The forum is irseexam.co.uk

I have a temp admin account ready if you are willing to have a look for me. Just confirm and I will PM it to you.

I am not sure whether it is related to this, but the colouring and layout when you view a thread is also a little up the creek and the controls for the editor for posting do not show up.

Peter

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Did you also try this?
(09-05-2014, 09:03 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: I see, saving Stylesheet Order and Theme Properties fixed it.
(10-05-2014, 11:10 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: Did you also try this?

(09-05-2014, 09:03 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: I see, saving Stylesheet Order and Theme Properties fixed it.

Yes. Sorry forgot to mention that! I think I went thought all of the things in the thread.
Well, this thread is about thread icons, you're missing only forum icons.

Anyways, the fix was to add:
.forum_status {
	height: 30px;
	width: 30px;
	background: url(images/forum_icon_sprite.png) no-repeat 0 0;
	display: inline-block;
}

.forum_on {
	background-position: 0 0;
}

.forum_off {
	background-position: 0 -30px;
}

.forum_offlock {
	background-position: 0 -60px;
}

.forum_offlink {
	background-position: 0 -90px;
}
to global.css

Moreover, as I see, your theme is missing a lot of other stuff in global.css and templates. Since it's not modified heavily, I'd recommend you using the default theme and applying changes to it from the 1.6 theme.
(10-05-2014, 12:21 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: Well, this thread is about thread icons, you're missing only forum icons.

Anyways, the fix was to add:

.forum_status {
	height: 30px;
	width: 30px;
	background: url(images/forum_icon_sprite.png) no-repeat 0 0;
	display: inline-block;
}

.forum_on {
	background-position: 0 0;
}

.forum_off {
	background-position: 0 -30px;
}

.forum_offlock {
	background-position: 0 -60px;
}

.forum_offlink {
	background-position: 0 -90px;
}
to global.css

Moreover, as I see, your theme is missing a lot of other stuff in global.css and templates. Since it's not modified heavily, I'd recommend you using the default theme and applying changes to it from the 1.6 theme.

Thanks for taking a look for me and making that change. I apologise that I had missed the difference between forum and thread images and hence asked the wrong thing.

I am still not sure why other stuff would be missing from global.css since I have never removed anything. I would have assumed that when one does an upgrade that all of the relevant new style elements get added. Is this not the case?
(10-05-2014, 04:10 PM)signalmeister Wrote: I would have assumed that when one does an upgrade that all of the relevant new style elements get added. Is this not the case?

Unfortunately not. Templates are updated by a script, but stylesheets need to be changed manually.
(10-05-2014, 08:47 PM)Destroy666 Wrote:
(10-05-2014, 04:10 PM)signalmeister Wrote: I would have assumed that when one does an upgrade that all of the relevant new style elements get added. Is this not the case?

Unfortunately not. Templates are updated by a script, but stylesheets need to be changed manually.

Thanks. I have been using it for seven years and never noticed a problem before!
Jump to the post that solved this thread.