Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[For 1.8] Fast Quote
Well, I'm working on it offline with XAMPP untill it's finished to go online. I don't got a url yet.

Cud u help me either way?
How can I add text to the button so it says "Fast Quote" instead of being just a blank button?
(2015-07-04, 01:00 AM)mwforum Wrote: How can I add text to the button so it says "Fast Quote" instead of being just a blank button?

ACP » Template Sets » Global Templates » Edit Template: fastQuote_button
English is not my native language, so, sorry for any mistakes which I will do for sure.
(2015-07-04, 11:09 AM)rockenren Wrote:
(2015-07-04, 01:00 AM)mwforum Wrote: How can I add text to the button so it says "Fast Quote" instead of being just a blank button?

ACP » Template Sets » Global Templates » Edit Template: fastQuote_button

Thanks for that. Now that I know what template to edit, what code do I need to add? Sorry, I'm not well versed with PHP so I'd appreciate any help with this.
You don't need to use PHP, all templates are in HTML.
English is not my native language, so, sorry for any mistakes which I will do for sure.
(2015-07-07, 11:41 AM)rockenren Wrote: You don't need to use PHP, all templates are in HTML.

Well that shows my ignorance so I should rephrase my question. What's the code I need to add to the template to add text to the button? I looked at the template and it wasn't obvious to me. I've modified a few templates so I'm not totally ignorant but I could use some help with this one, please. I've Google the subject until I'm blue in the face and the light bulb hasn't lit yet. Confused

Here's the template code:

<a href="#message" onclick="addquote('{$fastquote_data['pid']}','{$fastquote_data['dateline']}','{$fastquote_data['username']}');" title="{$fastquote_data['title']}" class="postbit_fastquote"><span class="postbit_fastquote_span" style="{$fastquote_data['style']}">*</span></a>
<div style="display:none;" id="message_fq{$fastquote_data['pid']}">{$fastquote_data['message']}</div>
I have the same problem and I guess all you need to do is replace your text with the (*)....

But it's weird.. why would I have a blank button ? why it's not showin the "Fast Quote" in there ?
(2015-07-13, 02:36 PM)S.T.A.R.S Wrote: I have the same problem and I guess all you need to do is replace your text with the (*)....

But it's weird.. why would I have a blank  button ? why it's not showin the "Fast Quote" in there ?

I'm not following you. What text gets replaced with what? Confused
(2015-07-13, 11:51 PM)mwforum Wrote:
(2015-07-13, 02:36 PM)S.T.A.R.S Wrote: I have the same problem and I guess all you need to do is replace your text with the (*)....

But it's weird.. why would I have a blank  button ? why it's not showin the "Fast Quote" in there ?

I'm not following you. What text gets replaced with what? Confused
REPLACE YOUR TEXT WITH THE ATERISK BELOW

<a href="#message" onclick="addquote('{$fastquote_data['pid']}','{$fastquote_data['dateline']}','{$fastquote_data['username']}');" title="{$fastquote_data['title']}" class="postbit_fastquote"><span class="postbit_fastquote_span" style="{$fastquote_data['style']}">   REPLACE YOUR TEXT WITH THIS ATERISK HERE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>          *              </span></a><div style="display:none;" id="message_fq{$fastquote_data['pid']}">{$fastquote_data['message']}</div>

If it didn't work then edit your fastQuote.tpl and then replace your text with the asterisk mentioned... there's only ONE asterisk btw, you won't lose it.
After copying the files and clicking "Install and activate" in the admin console, I got the following error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
22P02 - ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: "NULL" LINE 3: VALUES ('NULL','fastQuote','Fast Quote','Settings for plu... ^
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_settinggroups (gid,name,title,description,disporder,isdefault) VALUES ('NULL','fastQuote','Fast Quote','Settings for plugin "Fast Quote"','29','0')

Can it be a matter of SQL syntax? I use MyBB over PostgreSQL. The forum version is 1.8.3.