[Rejected] Quote in PM reply
(2014-10-05, 06:17 PM).m. Wrote: ^ original post is saying different thing !
for me, it means : PM reply showing Quote tags and it should show like Quick Reply.

I do not see Quick Reply showing quotes in formatted manner

if you have SCeditor in WYSWYG mode then reply to post (full reply) shows formatted quotes

Exactly, I understood it like this too. The first post is confusing if you're writing about another thing.

Anyways, if you meant what Jones said, it's still not a bug. Quote in PM's quick reply is logical, because there is only one PM on the page. But in showthread there are multiple posts and I'd be annoyed if a random/last post quote was inserted automatically.
(2014-10-05, 05:29 PM)Jones H Wrote: He doesn't talk about full reply/quick reply. What he means is that the pm reply adds the previous message as quote while the post reply doesn't add it.

Quote:There shouldnt be shown [*quote] tags. It should be same like in quick reply where you see this:

Quick reply doesn't show what his capture shows.

Anyways, the post is quoted if you use the "Reply" button in posts. If you use the "New Reply" button in the thread then what Destroy666 said. There is an multiquote function for that.

Everything works as expected.
@Destroy666 - but it works not only with multiple post but also with one quote from one post... so I dont understand why it is not in PM
[MyBB 1.8 Czech translation] [MyBB 1.8 plugins]: Prune old PMs + optimize DB plugin --- Thank you/like system
^ when you said Quick Reply, we meant that it is the quick reply form available at the bottom of the topic page.

by default, quick reply form doesn't have SCeditor and there is no possibility to get the formatted quote
of course, it can be taken as feature request if developers consider

Edit:
if you have SCeditor in WYSWYG mode then clicking on reply button at the Private Message shows formatted quote
From your last post I understand you are talking about maximum nested quotes, but I don't know what is being discussed here anymore. You are not making much sense to me.
I've explained it... It has nothing to do with the parser, formatting or whatever. He simply says that the PM Reply automatically adds the last message as quote to the editor while the post reply doesn't.
Support PMs will be ignored!
As I said, it does.
No, it doesnt Smile
[MyBB 1.8 Czech translation] [MyBB 1.8 plugins]: Prune old PMs + optimize DB plugin --- Thank you/like system
@Omar: Nope. He isn't mentioning anything with format or whatever... I'll prepare some better screenshots...

Edit:
Quick Reply on PM:

Quick Reply on Post:

As you can clearly see the first contains a quote and the second don't. That's what Eldenroot mentioned. Nothing with format, quick reply vs full reply or whatever. Simply that one does the quote and the other don't.
Support PMs will be ignored!
I am sorry, I wrote it not correctly... Thank you @Jones H - now everybody can see it clearly