Not Solved Went to delete post and it deleted who thread
Not Solved
I have just had a big "accident"

I had 2 very similar threads on 2 boards - so I moved one to the same board and merged the 2 threads to leave one. That was all OK.

Then as there were 2 identical posts in the thread I went to delete one post - and it deleted the whole thread with a total of 13 posts. 

This is a new board I am trying to get started and things like this are really bad - it makes the board look unsafe and unprofessional.

I am completely unfamiliar with direct SQL queries but if there is any way to get this thread back I would be grateful if someone could talk me through it.

In case anyone asks am I sure I deleted the post and not the thread  here is the moderator log [Image: supportb091014_zpsdb80f7d9.jpg]
Not Solved
When you delete the first post of a thread, it deletes the entire thread. You should first split the thread, then delete the appropriate post.
Not Solved
If you have it so soft delete is enabled, the posts might still exist in the database. You can look for them by using this sql statement:
SELECT * FROM mybb_posts WHERE visible=-1;

If you get results that were from that thread, you can restore them by changing visible to 1. If there is no results, you can only get them back from a backup if you have one.
Not Solved
No it was not a soft delete.

Why should deleting the first post in a thread delete the whole thing if there are other posts after it? Seems kind of daft to me. I mean I get that if a thread only has one post then deleting that deletes the thread but if more posts come after the thread should still exist.
Not Solved
(2014-10-09, 10:00 PM)sphinx Wrote: Why should deleting the first post in a thread delete the whole thing  if there are other posts after it?

the first post makes the thread other posts are just replies to that thread... if a thread (first post) gets deleted why should the replies exist.... its like asking that if a fb post is deleted the likes and comments should stay intact....
We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone - Ronald Reagan
Did you know? Your question has already been answered. But you haven't searched it yet.
Don’t  Forget to “Mark as Solved” after the fix