Not Solved SMF 2.0 -> MyBB 1.8.1 - Passwords Incorrect
#1
Not Solved
Hello,

I'd like to report a bug with the 1.8.1 Merge system.

After converting the forum from SMF 2.0, to MyBB 1.8.1, many users can no longer log-in to their accounts, nor use the password reset function - it just tells them their password is incorrect, and they have to contact me to get it reset manually.

Please look into resolving this.
Reply
#2
Not Solved
I'm aware of the issue with the password reset.
Have you activated the loginconvert plugin? Also did you upgraded your SMF from 1.x to 2.0?
Support PMs will be ignored!
Reply
#3
Not Solved
(2014-11-03, 05:29 PM)Jones H Wrote: I'm aware of the issue with the password reset.
Have you activated the loginconvert plugin? Also did you upgraded your SMF from 1.x to 2.0?

That plugin is activated - and no, it was installed from SMF 2.0.
Reply
#4
Not Solved
Hmm, that's weird, I can't see any problems locally. I'll take a look at SMF's hashing algorithm when I'm home again...
Support PMs will be ignored!
Reply
#5
Not Solved
(2014-11-04, 09:30 AM)Jones H Wrote: Hmm, that's weird, I can't see any problems locally. I'll take a look at SMF's hashing algorithm when I'm home again...

Alright, thanks! Smile
Reply
#6
Not Solved
I fixed the password convert part (new file: https://github.com/mybb/merge-system/blo...onvert.php).
However I still haven't figured out why the passwort convert plugin itself doesn't work, haven't found any issues locally...
Support PMs will be ignored!
Reply
#7
Not Solved
(2014-11-05, 05:39 PM)Jones H Wrote: I fixed the password convert part (new file: https://github.com/mybb/merge-system/blo...onvert.php).
However I still haven't figured out why the passwort convert plugin itself doesn't work, haven't found any issues locally...

All I can see is that:

-Users fail to login, and reset password, so they contact me
-Previously active users are no longer active
-Only select few users, mostly who joined after, are active
Reply
#8
Not Solved
Ok, I've found one issue: They're using sha1, but they don't encode the password as utf8 so the hash is different for them than for us (as we're using utf8). I've added a call to "utf8_decode" to reproduce their hash. Hope that helps (only upload the new plugin file).
Support PMs will be ignored!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)