Jump to the post that solved this thread.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved: 4 Years, 10 Months ago restrict user to edit post after x days.
Solved: 4 Years, 10 Months ago
i want to restrict user to edit old threads.. if there is any edit, plugin then please help me. i am looking for this from long time...

i saw hackforums.net using this if anyone knows how can i do this then please tell me

thanks in advance.
(11-25-2014, 11:08 PM)rkrusty Wrote: i want to restrict user to edit old threads.. if there is any edit, plugin then please help me. i am looking for this from long time...

i saw hackforums.net using this if anyone knows how can i do this then please tell me

thanks in advance.

Sadly you can't do seperate users, tho you can do usergroups by:

AdminCP > Users & Groups > (select the main usergroup you want to do the edit time) > Edit Usergroup > Forums and posts > Editing/Deleting options > Change timer

If you're lazy, try this:

http://(forum url)/admin/index.php?module=user-groups&action=edit&gid=(usergroupid)#tab_forums_posts

[Image: AZtd1GD.png]
(11-25-2014, 11:22 PM)jvienna Wrote:
(11-25-2014, 11:08 PM)rkrusty Wrote: i want to restrict user to edit old threads.. if there is any edit, plugin then please help me. i am looking for this from long time...

thanks in advance.

Sadly you can't do seperate users, tho you can do usergroups by:

AdminCP > Users & Groups > (select the main usergroup you want to do the edit time) > Edit Usergroup > Forums and posts > Editing/Deleting options > Change timer

If you're lazy, try this:

http://(forum url)/admin/index.php?module=user-groups&action=edit&gid=(usergroupid)#tab_forums_posts

[Image: AZtd1GD.png]

hey thanks for reply...

first of all this is used for restrict user to edit new thread {i think so} with help of this method user cannot edit their post before time limit as xx minutes... but i want a plugin by which user cannot edit after time limit

for example if user posted a thread today then he can edit their thread but i want to restrict them to edit there thread after a month.....

in short they should not be able to edit there old threads..
The time limit is the amount of time that they CAN edit the threads. It works exactly as you want it to.
Random Fish and Sims Maniac
MY PLUGINS
Help MyBBSupport help you - remember to mark your threads as solved

(11-26-2014, 04:16 AM)Leefish Wrote: The time limit is the amount of time that they CAN edit the threads. It works exactly as you want it to.

thanks for reply,,, and sorry for late reply i was busy in my messy life..

so now come to topic..

i am trying to do this method but every time i am getting sql error. as shown in attachments.. dont know what is the problem but getting sql error in some more places as well can you help me. Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I guess that edittimelimit is a new option in 1.8.*.

Is your forum a new installation or an update from 1.6.* version?
Greetings Sven (ps: Sorry for my bad english!!)

My plugins - [email protected]
i updated my forum from 1.6
Ok, do you also have started the upgrade.php script to insert the new stuff into database?

(12-10-2014, 01:34 PM)SvePu Wrote: Ok, do you also have started the upgrade.php script to insert the new stuff into database?

yes all did in good manner, first i thought there something wrong in upgrade script but i did it again and then also i am getting this error
Hmm...then goto your database (phpmyadmin) and search in table (your table prefix)_usergroups the columm "edittimelimit" - If it isn't there then something went wrong with the version update.

Jump to the post that solved this thread.