Not Solved User login impossible after merge
Not Solved
Hi,

After a successfull merge from SMF 1.1.19 I encoutered 1 major problem: users cannot login, only I CAN login with my settings.

After doing a huge search and tests the only thing that I could think of is an IP problem?

Since the merge all users in the admin have 1 IP address and that's the address from where the merge took place.

But....

When I create a new account other users can login with these settings.

So in short:

- users cannot login with their user settings after the merge
- I CAN login with MY user ettings (so therefore I guess it's an IP issue)
- when creating a new account, everybody can login with these settings

Since we're talking about over 7.000 active users any serious help would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

B.
Not Solved
is login convert plugin added and activated ?
Not Solved
Also try to use the latest version of the plugin: https://github.com/mybb/merge-system/blo...onvert.php
Support PMs will be ignored!
Not Solved
(2014-12-08, 11:20 AM).m. Wrote: is login convert plugin added and activated ?

Yes. V 1.4

Did an update with the latest version. Same problems. User gets this screen. See att.

Filling out this screen doesn't work.

Again, I can login with my personal settings. All other users cannot. I cannot login with other user settings too. IP issue?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Not Solved
change settings as below and try again

admin panel >> configuration >> settings >> Server and Optimization Options
--> Scrutinize User's IP address? --> select yes & save settings

admin panel >> configuration >> settings >> Login and Registration Options
--> Allowed Login Methods --> select User Name only and save settings
Not Solved
The IP adress is never used while logging in.

You can login -> the account was created before the merge so the password is hashed in MyBB's way
Old users can't login -> the password is hashed in SMF's way, the loginconvert plugin (should) handle that
New users can login -> the password is hashed in MyBB's way again

So it's an issue with the loginconvert plugin.

Can you try to change the following line
	if($is_sha1 && sha1(strtolower(preg_replace("#\_smf1\.1\_import(\d+)$#i", '', $user['username'])).$password) == $user['passwordconvert'])
to
	if($is_sha1 && sha1(strtolower(preg_replace("#\_smf1\.1\_import(\d+)$#i", '', $user['username'])).utf8_decode($password)) == $user['passwordconvert'])
and retry it?
Also try to look at the users table of MyBB and look whether the "passwordconvert" column is empty or not.
Support PMs will be ignored!
Not Solved
First, thnq for your quick responds. For now your tips seemed like it did the trick. But we only tested for 1 user and that worked.

We just contacted another few users to test if they can login. I'll keep you informed.