Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Not Solved Spoiler
Not Solved
Lets first find out what the user is trying to achieve and then help them achieve that.

Using a 1.6 plugin to install SCEditor on 1.8 which already uses a version of the SCEditor is a newb mistake. Case closed. We can move on from knowing what the user wants to achieve.
Random Fish and Sims Maniac
MY PLUGINS
Help MyBBSupport help you - remember to mark your threads as solved

Not Solved
What I'm trying to achieve is the following:

While still able to use spoiler without it going missing.
Not Solved
ok, so the first thing is to uninstall and remove that 1.6 plugin and related files and reupload the MyBB 1.8 editorfiles.js and css.

Then you can follow Martecs tutorial for the spoiler. It does work, a lot of people are using it.

On the images; once you have the standard files in and the toolbar working for spoiler then we can look at images.
MY PLUGINS

Not Solved
@user25

you said that in my demo forum (http://martec.ml/test/ ) work correctly, correct?
Not Solved
(12-22-2014, 08:20 PM)martec Wrote: @user25

you said that in my demo forum (http://martec.ml/test/ ) work correctly, correct?

Yes, it paste the image perfectly and it looks like you are not using SCeditor so I don't why mine won't do the same.

(12-22-2014, 06:59 PM)Leefish Wrote: ok, so the first thing is to uninstall and remove that 1.6 plugin and related files and reupload the MyBB 1.8 editorfiles.js and css.

Then you can follow Martecs tutorial for the spoiler. It does work, a lot of people are using it.

On the images; once you have the standard files in and the toolbar working for spoiler then we can look at images.

The spoiler tag works fine,  I just can't get an image to paste in current editor, then when I use sceditor pasting image works but spoiler doesn't.  so to answer your question @Leefish we can proceed from here because spoiler tag is working, as you can see the spoiler tag icon is there.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=33358]
Not Solved
The reason I asked you to start again is so I can be sure you have the right files and only the right files; that is also true of any templates.

If you are able to post an image to Martecs forum and get the expected result then the issue has to be at your side; given all the things you have been doing a clean start is the best way to check all is ok. Have you tested on the default templates on your board? Have you tested with plugins disabled?
MY PLUGINS

Not Solved
Yes, the image does not paste in any template including default, and spoiler tag does work. I cannot paste an image here in this forum either, so thought that might be a core default with mybb which is why I uploaded SCeditor to achieve the paste function. I'll do a fresh install of files and report back.
Not Solved
Well, I am lost as to what you want; I tried to just paste a link to an image onto a thread at Martec's test site and of course it did not magically give it image tags. It was just a link, which is normal. I never saw this undefined.

When I clicked on the img insert button it did give me the popups which I filled in and it was fine - image showed.

I have used SMF very rarely, so I cant comment on their editor, so saying like SMF isnt very helpful to me, I am sorry.
MY PLUGINS

Not Solved
(12-22-2014, 08:48 PM)user25 Wrote: Yes, it paste the image perfectly and it looks like you are not using SCeditor so I don't why mine won't do the same.

what i used:

fresh install of mybb 1.8.3
plugin Quick Advanced Editor Plus 2.1.2 (to add sceditor of 1.8 in quick reply and quick edit)
my tutorial to add spoiler

so you could try same thing... Try in fresh install of mybb 1.8.3 and make same thing in localhost... With this you have one work example to you. So you can now compared with your not work.

i can't help more than this. I have no way to guess what you did wrong.
Not Solved
(12-22-2014, 06:59 PM)Leefish Wrote: ok, so the first thing is to uninstall and remove that 1.6 plugin and related files and reupload the MyBB 1.8 editorfiles.js and css.

I did the fresh files uploads and even backed up the site pre-1.6 plugin. When I go to paste the pic, it just flashes for there for a second, disappears, and is then returned with the undefined comment in text editor.