Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Not Solved Spoiler
Not Solved
Having some problems with spoiler code icon always disappearing.  I didn't make any changes to any includes files, just some changes in the template files but can't pinpoint when things went awry.  Spoiler code still works when putting bbcode in manually.  Used the tutorial here to install bbcode. Also created a mycode like here to use alternatively but don't know how to input the button for use.

version 1.8.3
Not Solved
You can create a new mycode:

Regular Expression:

\[spoiler\](.*?)\[/spoiler\]

Replacement:

<div style="border: 1px solid rgb(170, 170, 170); margin: 0px; padding: 4px; background-color: rgb(19, 19, 19); border-radius: 5px; color:#AAA;"><div style="text-transform: uppercase; margin-bottom: 3px; font-size: 0.8em; font-weight: bold; display: balock;color: rgb(0, 229, 255);"><span onclick="if (this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display != '') { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = ''; this.innerHTML = '<b>Spoiler </b><a href=\'#\' onClick=\'return false;\'>(click for hidden)</a>'; } else { this.parentNode.parentNode.getElementsByTagName('div')[1].getElementsByTagName('div')[0].style.display = 'none'; this.innerHTML = '<b>Spoiler</b><a href=\'#\' onClick=\'return false;\'> (click for show)</a>'; }"><b>Spoiler</b><a href="#" onclick="return false;"> (click for show)</a></span></div><div class="quotecontent"><div style="display: none;">$1</div></div></div>

And in CSS ad these lines:

.quotecontent

{
styles..
}

Naturally, you can custom everythingif you want ^^
Not Solved
Will that add a button to the editor? It doesn't show right now.
Not Solved
When you create a new mycode, it isn't showed on editor....
Not Solved
(12-14-2014, 10:06 PM)The_Dark Wrote: When you create a new mycode, it isn't showed on editor....

What's the purpose of the code. How do I make it available for members to use in the editor? Any idea why my original spoiler code disappeared or how to get it back?
Not Solved
Why is it so hard to add a spoiler tag to the text editor? Since I have the code obviously embedded to work but no "button" to call to action, what will it take to get this done?
Not Solved
please check the tutorial instructions once again
or you can try method suggested here
Not Solved
(12-19-2014, 03:55 AM).m. Wrote: please check the tutorial instructions once again
or you can try method suggested here

I guess my point is that the one I was using for the longest time, no longer works. Probably due to a conflict I can't pinpoint. The other option you provided a link to didn't work for the poster. Is there no way to add a button to the text editor via mycode or any other option?

Button does "re-appear" when I restore a previous backup, but THAT backup is now giving me header errors. It's like I'm chasing my tail.
Not Solved
^ may be I can check that & the other issue you have posted recently if you can wait for few hours and
if you are willing to provide temporary access to admin panel & files (ftp) [note: I can't check right now]
Not Solved
(12-19-2014, 04:26 AM).m. Wrote: ^ may be I can check that & the other issue you have posted recently if you can wait for few hours and
if you are willing to provide temporary access to admin panel & files (ftp) [note: I can't check right now]

Yes I would be more than happy to provide you what you need, BUT there is an update.  I got the spoiler to work "kind of" with the restore version I am happy with.  There was a file missing (bbcodes_sceditor.js), for whatever reason, that I thankfully backed up in a separate folder.  Problem is the "spoiler" button is now a youtube video icon instead of "S" icon I had before so not sure what happened there.

If you still need access let me know.

Got it figured out. Doubt if anyone else will have the same issue, but somehow files got overwritten and after fixing file mentioned above and adding the step in 2.1 of the original link works now.

Attached Files
.js   bbcodes_sceditor.js (Size: 21.28 KB / Downloads: 59)