Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Solved [How To?] How to put board offline while upgrading?
Not Solved
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
Hello guys,
I want to upgrade myBB version to a new version and I want to know how to put the board offline.

PS: I AM NOT TALKING about putting the board offline in ACP, this is not the way to do it, but how to put the site offline to actually upgrade to myBB?

One of the myBB Staff told me that I need to put the board offline in ACP and that's all but in the myBB installations and explanations it says to turn the site offline, and actually not put the board offline in ACP.

Thank you for helping Smile
Not Solved
Upgrade Docs Wrote:First, you may want to shut down your forum. Doing this means that no one will interrupt the upgrade process accidentally. Please remember that switching the forum by using the Board Online/Offline setting is not recommended. The best method is to use a .htaccess restriction on your forum's root folder so that no one can access the front-end. There are various tutorials that help you do this and some hosts even provide simple tools to do this.

1. Create a .htaccess file in your forum root with this content....

Deny from all

2. Create another .htaccess file in /install directory with this content....

Allow from all

This will block all access to all pages except the ./install/ directory. After upgrade delete both .htacess files
We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone - Ronald Reagan
Did you know? Your question has already been answered. But you haven't searched it yet.
Don’t  Forget to “Mark as Solved” after the fix
Not Solved
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
(2014-12-28, 06:15 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote:
Upgrade Docs Wrote:First, you may want to shut down your forum. Doing this means that no one will interrupt the upgrade process accidentally. Please remember that switching the forum by using the Board Online/Offline setting is not recommended. The best method is to use a .htaccess restriction on your forum's root folder so that no one can access the front-end. There are various tutorials that help you do this and some hosts even provide simple tools to do this.

Deny from all

Allow from all

This will block all access to all pages except the ./install/ directory. After upgrade delete both .htacess files

Okay thanks I will do it and get back to you here to Vouch for this. Smile

(2014-12-28, 06:15 AM)mmadhankumar Wrote:

Deny from all

Allow from all

Where is forum root?
Not Solved
forum root is the main folder of your MyBB files server. it consists of global.php, xmlhttp.php, index.php, other php files & folders

however not sure if above suggested method works. replies here might help