Jump to the post that solved this thread.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved: 4 Years, 8 Months ago Editor in source mode by default?
Solved: 4 Years, 8 Months ago
As I can see, the option in the User control panel "Put the editor in source mode by default" is selected by default when a new member subscibes.
Is it possible to have it unselected by default? Now I have to explain new members every time that they must unselect this option by modifying their UserCP options.
Regards, Ad Bakker (NL)
IIRC, it is not selected by default!

anyway, you can run below SQL queries (see this guidance if required)
ALTER TABLE `mybb_users` CHANGE `sourceeditor` `sourceeditor` TINYINT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `sourceeditor` = '0' WHERE `sourceeditor` = '1';
(01-14-2015, 04:37 AM).m. Wrote: IIRC, it is not selected by default!

Thanks, but not with me!! I just registered myself as a new member and got this at my first visit of my UserCP->Change Options:

But I will try the options you suggested.
Regards, Ad Bakker (NL)
rectified a mistake in earlier post ..
I just ran the SQL queries, and all existing members are changed. But the default remains "1".
Any chance to change this to "0" too?
Regards, Ad Bakker (NL)
^ first query should take care of that!
ALTER TABLE `mybb_users` CHANGE `sourceeditor` `sourceeditor` TINYINT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0'; 
I already thought it should, but it doesn't Huh .
Sorry, but I have no experience with SQL. Will have to to some study perhaps, but I already studied all my life and try to enjoy retirement now Wink .
Regards, Ad Bakker (NL)
^ well, if you need direct help you can PM me temporary access to web host panel (with access to database) to check it
Are you using a custom theme Ad? Some custom themes remove the registration checkboxes instead of hiding them. That can cause problems.
Random Fish and Sims Maniac
MY PLUGINS
Help MyBBSupport help you - remember to mark your threads as solved

(01-14-2015, 10:41 AM)Leefish Wrote: Are you using a custom theme Ad? Some custom themes remove the registration checkboxes instead of hiding them. That can cause problems.

No, I run the standard MyBB standard MyBB scheme. I sent your collegue access data to forum and SQL database, so I hope he can solve it.
Thanks for the suggestion!!
Regards, Ad Bakker (NL)
Jump to the post that solved this thread.