Not Solved Invisible to search
Not Solved
Is it possible to make my website invisible to searches and search engines? If it is possible, how can I do it?
Not Solved
Upload robots.txt file to your forum root (where forumdisplay.php, showthread.php etc. are stored) with this content:
User-agent: *
Disallow: /
Not Solved
I would imagine removing all the spiders/bots would also work if guests are forced to sign in....
Do NOT pm me for support on ANY of my plugins
DO pm me if you got suggestions for existing ones (although posting in the proper thread is preferred), or suggestions/ideas for new plugins (keep in mind I'm an amateur but not necessarily a beginner.)
Not Solved
(2015-02-19, 11:52 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: Upload robots.txt file to your forum root (where forumdisplay.php, showthread.php etc. are stored) with this content:
User-agent: *
Disallow: /

This AND I would look up resources on blocking the Yandex search engine. Yandex has a bad reputation of not respecting robots.txt rules. If you don't want your site on a Russian search engine, you'll have to do that extra leg work too Smile.
PGP Key (Fingerprint: 23B6 F4C0 FE2D 45AA 61A0 1E86 DB87 09DC DD87 6E40)
Not Solved
For yandex (or other bots), you can use in .htaccess:
RewriteEngine on
Options +FollowSymlinks
RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} ^Yandex [NC]
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://not.an.url/
[MyBB 1.8 mods] - Offer me a coffee
Do not ask me help through PM or Discord
Not Solved
Oh, thanks guys, I was not ready to let people go into my website because it still need some works. Do tell me if any other search engines is not blocked out from the help of Crazycat & Destroy666. Once again, thanks guys for your help!