Plugin Error Reporting
Are there methods available to report errors from a plugin?
Report errors where and to who? Be more accurate with your questions.

If you mean errors for user, there are things like:
- error('error1text') and error_no_permission() functions to display error pages in front-end
- inline_error(array('error1text', 'error2text'), 'title') function for displaying inline errors in front-end
- flash_message('error1message', 'error') for displaying inline errors in back-end
- jGrowl for JS errors
etc.
(02-28-2015, 09:39 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: Report errors where and to who? Be more accurate with your questions.

- error('error1text') and error_no_permission() functions to display error pages in front-end
- inline_error(array('error1text', 'error2text'), 'title') function for displaying inline errors in front-end
- flash_message('error1message', 'error') for displaying inline errors in back-end
- jGrowl for JS errors
etc.

My question was generic intentionally, as I was looking for all of the above.  Where can I find documentation for these and any other related functions?
(02-28-2015, 09:47 PM)unkwntech Wrote:
(02-28-2015, 09:39 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: Report errors where and to who? Be more accurate with your questions.

- jGrowl for JS errors
etc.

My question was generic intentionally, as I was looking for all of the above.  Where can I find documentation for these and any other related functions?

1. In inc/functions.php
2. In inc/functions.php
3. In admin/inc/functions.php

You can also use xmlhttp_error or something like that for AJAX errors. (located in xmlhttp.php I believe)

Before you ask about other functions, look in any file that begins with functions
Do NOT pm me for support on ANY of my plugins
DO pm me if you got suggestions for existing ones (although posting in the proper thread is preferred), or suggestions/ideas for new plugins (keep in mind I'm an amateur but not necessarily a beginner.)