Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
"View threads I participate" search
Hi,

"View threads I participate" is a feature I added in my MyBB1.6 forum, editing the search.php page. All my users are fans and it is widely used.

On the header, replacing "View Today's Posts", it display the same results as a search on itself with result showing as threads. In a click, an user can see all threads he participated, and immediatly see if there is an answer. This is done without the need to "subscribe" to the thread.

It's more a facilitator than a new feature. But because I need to edit search.php each time there is an upgrade, it would be great if this search shortcut could be added in addition of search.php?action=getdaily and search.php?action=getnew... I called this  search.php?action=egosearch
Sounds like a fairly useful feature to me, and isn't particularly difficult to implement.
Hi,

Your feature suggestion has been accepted as a planned feature to be implemented in MyBB 2.0. Thanks for your contribution!
(05-02-2015, 01:12 PM)Goose Wrote: Hi,

"View threads I participate" is a feature I added in my MyBB1.6 forum, editing the search.php page. All my users are fans and it is widely used.

On the header, replacing "View Today's Posts", it display the same results as a search on itself with result showing as threads. In a click, an user can see all threads he participated, and immediatly see if there is an answer. This is done without the need to "subscribe" to the thread.

It's more a facilitator than a new feature. But because I need to edit search.php each time there is an upgrade, it would be great if this search shortcut could be added in addition of search.php?action=getdaily and search.php?action=getnew... I called this  search.php?action=egosearch

You could probably hook to search_results_start and search_do_search_start.