Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved: 6 Years, 4 Months, 2 Weeks ago Upgrade to latest version
Solved: 6 Years, 4 Months, 2 Weeks ago
Just upgraded two of my forums to the latest software version. One went without a hitch but the second one has returned the following error.....

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:1045 - Access denied for user 'fleetwoo_brpc'@'localhost' (using password: YES)Query:[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

Any ideas for this please?

I've removed the "lock" file and tried again but no good so I've replaced it until I can get this sorted.

Regards
check database details in ~/inc/config.php file - are they correct ?
Thanks, yes they are correct when compared to a backup. I've just tried uploading the backup config file just in case, but the result is no different.
are you sure all these three values are correct... please do compare them from cPanel once again... try to change password for the db from cPanel and update the password on inc/config.php file and check....

$config['database']['database'] = 'xxxxx';
$config['database']['username'] = 'xxxxx';
$config['database']['password'] = 'xxxxx';
We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone - Ronald Reagan
Did you know? Your question has already been answered. But you haven't searched it yet.
Don’t  Forget to “Mark as Solved” after the fix
(2015-06-02, 12:49 PM)mmadhankumar Wrote: are you sure all these three values are correct... please do compare them from cPanel once again... try to change password for the db from cPanel and update the password on inc/config.php file and check....

$config['database']['database'] = 'xxxxx';
$config['database']['username'] = 'xxxxx';
$config['database']['password'] = 'xxxxx';

Many thanks, I changed the password in CP then manually updated and uploaded the config file and thisngs are back to normal.