Jump to the post that solved this thread.
Solved: 6 Years, 6 Months ago Send PM/Email for awaiting approval
Solved: 6 Years, 6 Months ago
(2015-07-26, 04:16 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote:
(2015-07-26, 04:02 PM)sarisisop Wrote: it, but forgot to reactivate Required Approval before testing.  Big Grin

Do I misunderstand you? But this plugin replaces the Required Approval plugin.

Mmmmmmmmmm that's odd, I'll go and have a look.

I have deactivated the Required Approval plugin, and tried but the new members first post or thread doesn't go for approval.  Confused

The only changes I made to your settings was to choose "All Forums" Hang on I'll try something.

OK it looks like it works, but not if I choose "All Forums" If I use "Select Forums" it works.
(2015-07-26, 05:47 PM)sarisisop Wrote: OK it looks like it works, but not if I choose "All Forums" If I use "Select Forums" it works.

I'll have a look, this is again one of these things that wer not tested, and Murphy says that these are the places were it goes wrong.
Regards, Ad Bakker (NL)
(2015-07-26, 05:56 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote:
(2015-07-26, 05:47 PM)sarisisop Wrote: OK it looks like it works, but not if I choose "All Forums" If I use "Select Forums" it works.

I'll have a look, this is again one of these things that wer not tested, and Murphy says that these are the places were it goes wrong.

It's not a bog problem I can choose the forums, but as it said all I went for the easy option. Big Grin
OK, I found the bug. It was due a change in settings name that I made earlier.
I updated the attachment in post #38. Only the plugin .php file has to be replaced.
Regards, Ad Bakker (NL)
(2015-07-26, 06:12 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: OK, I found the bug. It was due a change in settings name that I made earlier.
I updated the attachment in post #38. Only the plugin .php file has to be replaced.

Yep that got it.
New version again in post #38.
Made an exception when the plugin functions are called with zero data.
Please test and report!!!
Regards, Ad Bakker (NL)
(2015-07-27, 02:50 PM)Ad Bakker Wrote: New version again in post #38.
Made an exception when the plugin functions are called with zero data.
Please test and report!!!

OK It's still doing it, but I think I know why.

First off the error is coming from new threads. If he approves it via "Moderation Options: Approve Thread it works fine.

But if he approves it by ticking the box and using "Inline Post Moderation: Approve Post it gives the error.

I will have to instruct the staff the difference between approving a thread and a post, new threads must be approved via "Moderation Options" only they must not by approving the first post in the thread.  

[Image: d1n3dyi.png]
(2015-07-27, 03:39 PM)sarisisop Wrote: I will have to instruct the staff the difference between approving a thread and a post, new threads must be approved via "Moderation Options" only they must not by approving the first post in the thread. 

OK that is a temporary solution, I will have a look and see what can be done.

First thing I must try is to reproduce it, that's halfway the solution.
Regards, Ad Bakker (NL)
How do I actually install this plugin and make it work properly?

I have no idea where all of the files should go.

I've already added newMemScr.php to the Plugins folder on my domain. Then when I added one of the language plugins to the language folder because it did not work without it.

But still in the Plugin Settings I cannot make any adjustments. It's not clickable even though it shows up there. I have other files that have not been uploaded but I don't know where to put them.

===
(5 Settings)

Settings for the New Member Screening plugin.
===

So how do I install this properly? I did not see any special installation instructions in the download. I have MyBB 1.8.7 installed.

Thanks for your help,

Roger
Hello Roger there are three parts.

#1 newMemScr.php in Inc > Plugins

#2 newMemScr.lang.php in Inc > Languages > English*

#3 newMemScr.lang.php in Inc > Languages > English > Admin*

*Note although they are both called "newMemScr.lang.php" they are different, so it sounds like you may be missing the Admin one.
Jump to the post that solved this thread.