Solved: 5 Years, 11 Months, 1 Week ago Zoho Mail not working
Solved: 5 Years, 11 Months, 1 Week ago
Hi, this is my first time installing a mybb server, and I've got everything sorted out but the mail functionality. I'm using zoho for mail hosting with the following settings(taken from their instructions):

Mail Handler : SMTP
SMTP Hostname: smtp.zoho.com
SMTP Port: 465
SMTP Username: [email protected]
Password: password
SMTP Encryption Mode: SSL
Mail Logging: Log Everything
Add message ID in mail headers: no

I test it by creating a new account but the activation email doesn't work. The server mail log doesn't report any errors, and the zoho account's sent folder doesn't have the sent mail either. I also tried using TLS and playing around with the settings and disabling my firewall but it didn't make a difference. I then intentionally used a wrong password and the mail log registered a 530 error, so I guess communication is working after all?

I then tried the same settings through my personal windows computer via thunderbird and it worked perfectly.

No idea where to go from here, would appreciate any advice. Thank you.
Sometimes, like in my case, the host uses different settings for SMTP mail from php scripts than for mails sent by a mail client.

In my case (one.com) the hostmame and port are different, no password is used and no encryption.

I would ask my host what the SMTP settings are for mails generated by a forum.
Regards, Ad Bakker (NL)
smtp worked with gmail, so i guess there's a problem on zoho's side. at first i tried using gmail as a bridge to zoho smtp, but then just switched to aws which is working fine, too