Not Solved Convert a database
Not Solved
I'm trying to upgrade from 1.4.16 to 1.8.6 and I've given up on the upgrade script. After 20 or so attempts over the last week I have the face that it simply won't run for me, no matter what I do.

So my question is how can I convert the existing database without the upgrade script. That is the one thing that would solve my problems.

It would not take much to import the converted database into a fresh installation, so can someone PLEASE PLEASE tell me that this is feasible. Even if it takes a long time to run a lot of SQL queries. Time doesn't matter, because I've already spent over a week on this and got absolutely nowhere.

I'm in a really bad place at the moment, so if someone can tell me how to convert the database up to a 1.8.6 database I would really appreciate it.

EDIT: Or alternatively how to convert the database up to a 1.6.18. Because that is probably easier. And still gets me out of trouble.
Not Solved
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
What errors are you getting? I can only ask this because I do not know how to manually upgrade from 1.4 to 1.8. That is a difficult task and wouldn't recommend a manual upgrade.. 1.4 -> 1.8 is a HUGE upgrade..

For some reason I feel like you're trying to take an old database dumb from another website and use it on your new forum. lol

Anways.. please state the errors you are getting. Thanks.
-Sparkks
Not Solved
Hi sparkks

The errors are shown in this thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-181052.html

If you look at the images posted there you can see exactly what the error messages say.
Not Solved
No need to duplicate the thread, just bump the old one next time.