Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How about a classic theme?
(03-25-2019, 07:02 AM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: Also you have externally linked images in the css that returned a 403 forbidden notice. Why externally link in the first place? Again why I said a theme is more than just the xml file and there is more to the package. Notice I said pakage? Wink lol

Also you have hardcoded turkish text in the welcomeblock for usercp menu rather than simply use the language values in existing welcomeblock so that localization works and users are not stuck with turkish???? Same with post buttons being hardcoded in turkish well not hardcoded persay but externally linked to turkish button pack..., umm why? and why not just include the 1.6 buttons in a theme package..., ahah, notice I said package again? Wink   Or you could have done what I did and style the existing 1.8 buttons in css so that you retained full localization support and also cut down on the amount of image calls and image space. See why I said earlier some thing fron 1.8 were smarter to keep in the theme while still applying a classic feel. Also doing that way cuts down on update time when you have to upate the theme each time mybb gets updated if you even considered that factor. Nice modification of the mybb copyright in the footer also????!!!! Also you are using the 1.8 logo that was not even in concept during 1.4 or 1.6 thus also not classic??? Etc, etc, etc, sigh! The only reason why I may look at this further is to see if you used any of my work in it as that would be a direct violation of my release terms. Also since you seem to think you can do the job better than I even though the job has been completed and updated for several years, as well as used on at least a few live sites over those years, so maybe I can name you as the primary reason why I may completely remove all my projects, shares, tutorials, etc that I have shared freely over the many years because you obviously seem to think you can do it better and would like to do my job for me. How is that for Big GrinBig Grin ??!!! Huh??!! Maybe every time you post something in development I will come along and necro the hell out of it for you and post sub par work on it even if you have completed the project???!! Sound polite???!!! Food for thought! As I normally am a really patient, and giving person, thanks for being the first mybb community member to successfully piss me the f*** off! Only two other persons that even came close to that was one that tried to charge me to preview their update of mine and [email protected] versions of mybulletin from years ago and did not credit either original people when told to do so at the time when I mentioned that and the reason I wanted a preview was because I was already updating it to 1.8 and was willing to colab as there was no point in two versions. Instead I opted to be patient and let that slide and did not continue and release the updated version of mine from 1.2.x  or what not to 1.8.x that was already completed. And the other that released a theme called classic2 that still had all my work, my comments my code headers and tried to tell me it was all his and he had never seen my work..., and continued to claim such even after I pointed out my identifiers throughout his so called work...., and yeah those came close to pissing me off. Lol... so congrats on successfully pissing me off when the others could and did not.

For starters...

Do NOT allow one person to derail your efforts!!

I've had people here in MyBB.com and other websites that piss me off, too. You're not the only one!

Having said that... I have seen your postings since I've joined up MyBB.com 2.5 years ago and a lot of your postings are very well detailed and you have the patience of 'Job' (yea, that guy in the Holy Bible) and some of the stuff that users have thrown at you seems to not have much effect on you.

Well... except for this thread...

So, don't let one idiot make you give up. It's not worth it. 

There may come a time where I may need your assistance in creating a theme for my new website or fixing things up.

Whatever the case may be, I know that I can count on you to provide your great assistance to me and many others.

Keep up the good work!
I'm Serpius and You're Not    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[Image: y3xr3cj5]
(03-25-2019, 10:38 AM)Serpius Wrote:
(03-25-2019, 07:02 AM)vintagedaddyo Wrote: Also you have externally linked images in the css that returned a 403 forbidden notice. Why externally link in the first place? Again why I said a theme is more than just the xml file and there is more to the package. Notice I said pakage? Wink lol

Also you have hardcoded turkish text in the welcomeblock for usercp menu rather than simply use the language values in existing welcomeblock so that localization works and users are not stuck with turkish???? Same with post buttons being hardcoded in turkish well not hardcoded persay but externally linked to turkish button pack..., umm why? and why not just include the 1.6 buttons in a theme package..., ahah, notice I said package again? Wink   Or you could have done what I did and style the existing 1.8 buttons in css so that you retained full localization support and also cut down on the amount of image calls and image space. See why I said earlier some thing fron 1.8 were smarter to keep in the theme while still applying a classic feel. Also doing that way cuts down on update time when you have to upate the theme each time mybb gets updated if you even considered that factor. Nice modification of the mybb copyright in the footer also????!!!! Also you are using the 1.8 logo that was not even in concept during 1.4 or 1.6 thus also not classic??? Etc, etc, etc, sigh! The only reason why I may look at this further is to see if you used any of my work in it as that would be a direct violation of my release terms. Also since you seem to think you can do the job better than I even though the job has been completed and updated for several years, as well as used on at least a few live sites over those years, so maybe I can name you as the primary reason why I may completely remove all my projects, shares, tutorials, etc that I have shared freely over the many years because you obviously seem to think you can do it better and would like to do my job for me. How is that for Big GrinBig Grin ??!!! Huh??!! Maybe every time you post something in development I will come along and necro the hell out of it for you and post sub par work on it even if you have completed the project???!! Sound polite???!!! Food for thought! As I normally am a really patient, and giving person, thanks for being the first mybb community member to successfully piss me the f*** off! Only two other persons that even came close to that was one that tried to charge me to preview their update of mine and [email protected] versions of mybulletin from years ago and did not credit either original people when told to do so at the time when I mentioned that and the reason I wanted a preview was because I was already updating it to 1.8 and was willing to colab as there was no point in two versions. Instead I opted to be patient and let that slide and did not continue and release the updated version of mine from 1.2.x  or what not to 1.8.x that was already completed. And the other that released a theme called classic2 that still had all my work, my comments my code headers and tried to tell me it was all his and he had never seen my work..., and continued to claim such even after I pointed out my identifiers throughout his so called work...., and yeah those came close to pissing me off. Lol... so congrats on successfully pissing me off when the others could and did not.

For starters...

Do NOT allow one person to derail your efforts!!

I've had people here in MyBB.com and other websites that piss me off, too. You're not the only one!

Having said that... I have seen your postings since I've joined up MyBB.com 2.5 years ago and a lot of your postings are very well detailed and you have the patience of 'Job' (yea, that guy in the Holy Bible) and some of the stuff that users have thrown at you seems to not have much effect on you.

Well... except for this thread...

So, don't let one idiot make you give up. It's not worth it. 

There may come a time where I may need your assistance in creating a theme for my new website or fixing things up.

Whatever the case may be, I know that I can count on you to provide your great assistance to me and many others.

Keep up the good work!

@Serpius

Thanks man and I hear ya..., I have been trying to take a few days off due to death in the family and an eviction happening all around the same time this last week as I stated in a previous support request and though I may not be as available to focus on mybb right this second for those reasons I am still notified on every response to threads and such and do read them on my mobile even if I am currently camping in the woods on my bicycle...,  I do read them and try to respond. In this particular scenario.., posting a broken theme with  nothing but a link and Big Grin Big Grin on a thread from 2015 and not taking the time to notice this was a request that was completed and has been available since 2015 was not only thoughtless but rude. Also even in any situation I may be in outside of mybb I do take the time to download install and review no matter if it is on a mobile or laptop and no matter if it is am, pm, or if I am sitting in the rain, good weather or indoors..., so knowing that I wasted my time and mobile battery looking at a highly broken theme that is attempting to answer a request I already completed like 4 years ago simply angered me to no avail and I could have used that time more productively say for example sleeping, lol. I mentioned the possibility of this individual being the root of say me shutting down my contributions as an example of what thoughtless behavior can cause. We are all human with real lives and real life problems do occur, but we still dedicate our time, energy and minds to this cause free of charge out of the kindness of our hearts and our love for this software and community. People forget that sometimes and wonder why so many of the old school contributors are gone, many of whom I worked with over the years and many that left for exactly the examples I mentioned. On this account I have been here since 2006, but I have actually been around since vanilla and the things I previously mentioned happen alot to alot of solid contributors...., and many have left sadly. It is about time that changed.  So once in a while I will speak up and say what is on my mind because to me it is better for people to be in the know and perhaps make corrective behavior modifications than to not know and continue as usual and watch yet another contributor and another and another say enough is enough and walk away. Hopefully that makes sense. And just know yeah though I finally lost my patience, It brings me no pleasure to do so. Hopefully that makes sense, and thank you for your kind words. Hopefully I can get some outside world stuff sorted soon and be back here more regularly. That is the plan at least. Smile
MyBB Themes Team - Making more professional themes by the hour. (Retired)
My Mods | Offer me a coffee!