Not Solved Span tags, classes, etc.
Not Solved
I'm trying to change the color of the links in one of the tables on my board, heres what I did..

CSS:
a.zip:link
{
color:#FF0000;
}
a.zip:visited
{
}
a.zip:hover
{
}

After that didnt work, I tried this:

<div class="menu">
<table class="coll" border="1" width="920" height="5">
<tr><td align="right" class="coll2"><ul><span style='
a.link
{
 color:#FF0000
}
a.visited
{
}
a.hover
{
}'>
					<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php">{$lang->toplinks_search}</a></li><b>l</b>
					<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/memberlist.php">Member list</a></li><b>l</b>
					<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/calendar.php">{$lang->toplinks_calendar}</a></li><b>l</b>
					<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=help">{$lang->toplinks_help}</a></li><b>l</b>

<li><a class="zip" href="http://twinkletowers.freehostia.com/">Main site</a></li><b>l</b>
				</ul>
</td></tr></table></div></span>

What am I doing wrong?....
Not Solved
Crystatic Wrote:I'm trying to change the color of the links in one of the tables on my board, heres what I did..

. . . snip . . .

What am I doing wrong?....
I hope I'm giving you the right answer. I've only just started learning how to edit myBB but I suspoect that you have run into the same issue that frustrated me in the past 16 / 18 hours until the following thread explained that I can't edit the CSS directly but must use the system in the Admin Panel.

See http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=18711

I'd prefer to do the editing in the code but snce that doesn't work, I sucked i up and accepted the suggestions from the people who know. The system is a bit of a pain, but I must admit that I got exactly the results I was striving for - including changing link colors and decoration.

Hope that helps . . .
Not Solved
You can include CSS in the code...but it won't work if you use WRONG CSS!

CSS must be included in the header in between <style type="text/css"></style> tags. There you can list all the different classes etc.

If you want to use the style="" attribute directly into a tag (like <span style="...">) then you CANNOT put class information in them.

For example, you can have this: <span style="color: red;">
but not this: <span style=".class {color: red}">

So if you want to change link colours but not use the built in editor, you must put all the information in between <style> tags in the header template.