Jump to the post that solved this thread.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved: 3 Years, 10 Months, 1 Week ago Moderate a Registered users very First Thread
Solved: 3 Years, 10 Months, 1 Week ago
Hi,

I want to moderate a registered users thread only if it is the very first thread they posted on forum.
Also if same could be done for Post as well.

Help would greatly appreciated.

Regards
you can make use of the group promotions and group permissions to achieve this...

1. First create a new user group,  ACP >> Users & Groups >> Groups >> Add New User Group, (lets name it "Registered Approved")

2. ACP >> Users & Groups >> Group Promotions >> Add New Promotion, add a Title & Description, and set Promotion Requirements as Post Count, and set Post Count to 1 (greater than or equal to), Original User Group - Registered, New User Group - Registered Approved, User Group Change Type - Primary

3. Now enable the moderation for the (default) Registered group: http://community.mybb.com/thread-166911.html

so the members after registration will be placed in "Registered" group which will require moderation for all their posts.. once they post the first post/thread it will put under moderation.. and once that post goes past moderation, they will be moved to "Registered Approved" group which do not require moderation..
We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone - Ronald Reagan
Did you know? Your question has already been answered. But you haven't seen it yet.
Don’t  Forget to “Mark as Solved” after the fix
Awesome, worked like a charm.
Thanks a bunch.
(12-04-2015, 07:35 AM)bpt Wrote: Hi,
I want to moderate a registered users thread only if it is the very first thread they posted on forum.
Also if same could be done for Post as well.

Regards

With the method given by @mmadhankumar ,
if user #20 joins the forum, and is put in moderated group, and REPLY to one topic, wouldn't s/he be then PROMOTED to "REGISTERED APPROVED" and now is ABLE to CREATE/START a THREAD without it being MODERATED ?

It's fine, if you don't REQUIRE that their FIRST THREAD be MODERATED.
As described, it would do just that. You can also add the same requirement to thread count if you'd like to make sure their first thread is also moderated. With this configuration though, new members could reply to 100 threads and not be promoted if they never made a thread of their own so there is a trade-off here.
(12-04-2015, 07:02 PM)Vanz Wrote: With the method given by @mmadhankumar ,
if user #20 joins the forum,  and is put in moderated group, and REPLY to one topic, wouldn't s/he be then PROMOTED  to "REGISTERED APPROVED" and now is ABLE to  CREATE/START a THREAD without it being MODERATED ?

It's fine,  if you don't  REQUIRE that their FIRST THREAD be MODERATED.

I just wanted to moderate their first appearance on the forum, be it thread or post to make sure they are not spammers and such.
My forum do keep spammers from easily registering but some manage to do it anyway (automated or manual, I'm not sure). This way, I'll be able to delete their crap and ban them without anyone knowing what happened.

Forum is for small community so its easy managing this way.
With increasing spam and trolls, this has been the best solution... however it creates a 2nd problem:

There is no "alert" or "notification" for items waiting for moderation - moderators have to check manually?

This is not consistent behaviour - after all, there are yellow "alert" or "notification" messages on the index page for users who have Private Messages waiting, for example. Is this built in somewhere, or should it be?

Am I missing something, is there a setting somwhere to display an alert on the index page for Moderators for items "Awaiting Moderation" ?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
There is a moderation queue in ModCP. And Moderators will see unapproved posts and threads in their "new posts" lists etc.
Jump to the post that solved this thread.