Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A new Admin, Promotion forum
I am considering on making a new Admin, Promotion forum.
I will be using MyBB free forum software, simply because I enjoy posting on it + so easy to navigate in the ACP.

Now since there is tons of admin, promotion forums that are not active at all what is the reason of them failing?
Owners not active enough, advertising enough etc?

I am considering this, but doesn't mean I'll be doing it.
Is Admin, Promotion with posting services etc a bad genre now a days?

Please let me know thanks.

Here - allow me to pull your post to bits (I'm legitimately not trolling, I just want to make sure I answer everything):

(01-13-2016, 10:18 PM)Ashley S Wrote: I am considering on making a new Admin, Promotion forum.

Good god, why?!

(01-13-2016, 10:18 PM)Ashley S Wrote: I will be using MyBB free forum software, simply because I enjoy posting on it + so easy to navigate in the ACP.

Yeah, I'll give you that.

(01-13-2016, 10:18 PM)Ashley S Wrote: Now since there is tons of admin, promotion forums that are not active at all what is the reason of them failing? [...] Owners not active enough, advertising enough etc?

It's a promotion forum; the soul purpose being to promote your forum. New promotion forums don't work because people like yourself see it as a good niche when in reality, people won't join your site because they are too busy promoting on the other 3200 promotion forums that exist - most of which on XenFail. Forum Promotion is the only promotion forum that should exist - why? Because it has made a name for and of itself; not because it works. People on promotion forums are rarely - if ever looking to join a new forum; they just want to promote their own.

Packages? Yeah, let's all post generic content on a site. Why not?!
Reviews? Why do you need to have an opinion on a site? Because you think that one person's opinion is going to change something for you and give you a winning formulae to use to work on your site and gain members? Not while you're promoting on a promotion forum.

(01-13-2016, 10:18 PM)Ashley S Wrote: I am considering this, but doesn't mean I'll be doing it.

Good; don't.

(01-13-2016, 10:18 PM)Ashley S Wrote: Is Admin, Promotion with posting services etc a bad genre now a days?

It was a bad niche before it started. You're ridiculously late to the party. The party has happened; the crew have cleaned it up and the venue has been rented out another 300 times, and you're showing up for a party that was held 7 years ago.
[Image: kAhpvOW.png]