Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not Solved 500 Server error: The website encountered an error while retrieving /newthread.ph
Not Solved
Posts are going through and getting posted however when using quick reply the message doesn't show up untill page is reloaded. When using full reply or posting thread it gives a 500 server error:
The website encountered an error while retrieving  /newreply.php?tid=70646&processed=1. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

What could it be? Was thinking maybe the .htaccess or CHMOD?

EDIT: I think it might be because of the google SEO rewrites and apache, on my new VPS I installed vesta cp with apache nginx, does anybody know how to fix?

I migrated my forum this morning and before migration the posting was working fine. Mod security is disabled in .htacces.

EDIT2: It's definitely not the google SEO plugin or .htaccess related. But it's definitely plugin related as when I disabled all plugins posting wa s working fine..
Not Solved
Take the plugins out one by one to determine which one is causing the problem. You can just pull the files from inc/plugins to test. If it doesn't break, put the file back and move on to the next.
RedHat Certified Systems Administrator
Not Solved
(02-22-2016, 11:47 PM)spork985 Wrote: Take the plugins out one by one to determine which one is causing the problem. You can just pull the files from inc/plugins to test. If it doesn't break, put the file back and move on to the next.

I did this, when I deactivated ' Shows Avatar on Threadlist and Forumlist ' plugin it somehow deactivated all plugins and broke the forum layout.. Now whenever I activate any plugin it starts giving the 500 error.. I think I should just delete all plugins and files and reinstall them in this case? How can I do this?
Not Solved
^ if direct help required, assuming that you have a legit forum (see support eligibility policy)
you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (FTP) to check it
Not Solved
(02-23-2016, 03:43 AM).m. Wrote: ^ if direct help required, assuming that you have a legit forum (see support eligibility policy)
you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files (FTP) to check it

Forum is 'legit' but i already found the issue.. It was because of ' Shows Avatar on Threadlist and Forumlist ' plugin which totally ruined my forum upon deactivation. I just deleted the entire plugin folder and am reinstalling the other plugins. If I give you access can you fix that issue or do I just need to find an alternative?
Not Solved
^ well, deleting plugins folder may not be the correct method as plugins can have related files at other folders.

which version of MyBB you are using ? looks like this fix is required
Not Solved
(02-23-2016, 04:34 AM).m. Wrote: ^ well, deleting plugins folder may not be the correct method as plugins can have related files at other folders.

which version of MyBB you are using ? looks like this fix is required

Managed to get forum working and template looks okay now but still a bit jacked up in certain places such as last posts getting cut off, miss alignment etc its minor but annoying. Using version 1.8.5 of mybb. Will that fix repair the templates? How am I supposed to use it? I assume I simply replace the code? And then what?