Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Forum Authority
(06-10-2019, 12:03 PM)Billie Joe Armstrong Wrote: Firstly. We are not a Blackhat website, we do not condone nulled, hacked or inappropriate content in the slightest. We will take all measures to make sure such content is removed immediately.

Secondly the logo is not intended to be big or huge, this will be reduced in size. If you were a member or even noticed the original FA logo contained text. Making it a full logo. This new logo is not full, this is why it needs to be an appropriate scale as having a small logo dead center in the header would not idealistic, and wouldn't fit the forum.

Ok, it may have looked like I was implying that your website is a blackhat website, but that was not the intent of my previous post.

Having a large logo like that makes the website LOOK like a blackhat website. Yes, Ben Cousins is correct that it is the PERCEPTION that people get when they first see that large logo. (I'm not saying it's right or wrong... it's that perception that is very hard to overcome at first glance)

Having said that... I decided to downsize that logo to a really small size 40x40. Now, to me, it looks like a Japanese language symbol (no offense to the Japanese language).

Again... here we would potentially get the wrong impression about this website. People might mistake it for a Japanese website or maybe mistake it for an Anime website.

See my point?

[Image: VFY7Z04.png?1]
I'm Serpius and You're Not    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[Image: 5M7sb0n.png?1]
... nowhere did I say anything about blackhat.
[Image: kAhpvOW.png]
(06-11-2019, 01:16 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote: ... nowhere did I say anything about blackhat.

I never said that you said it... I'm the one that "implied" it. 

In that sentence, I was referencing to the word 'perception' in which you clearly pointed out. 

Relax and re-read my post again.
I'm Serpius and You're Not    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[Image: 5M7sb0n.png?1]
(06-10-2019, 11:22 PM)Ben Cousins Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 12:03 PM)Billie Joe Armstrong Wrote: Secondly the logo is not intended to be big or huge, this will be reduced in size. If you were a member or even noticed the original FA logo contained text. Making it a full logo. This new logo is not full, this is why it needs to be an appropriate scale as having a small logo dead center in the header would not idealistic, and wouldn't fit the forum.

This is not a “He who has the largest logo is the most successful board” - a logo, done right, doesn’t have to be “screw you” size to ensure good visibility and branding; if you need it that large, maybe it’s time to reconsider your branding choices.

I’m glad you’re considering making it smaller so it doesn’t take half my screen; because if I saw that on an active website, I’d run. Far away. You get so little time to make an impression that if your content that matters isn’t in the top-fold because of a big logo, you’re going to lose prospective members well before they will even see the content. People do not scroll.

I am a member of your website. I seldom login, but I do lurk.

You are absolutely correct that first impressions are everything. Indeed, in such a competitive niche we do not get much time at all to make a lasting impression with our end users. Myself and Liam have discussed this in length and as mentioned earlier will be resizing the logo to ensure a better screen estate, and will be placing an emphasis on high quality content being at the forefront of our site. 

(06-11-2019, 01:09 PM)Serpius Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 12:03 PM)Billie Joe Armstrong Wrote: Firstly. We are not a Blackhat website, we do not condone nulled, hacked or inappropriate content in the slightest. We will take all measures to make sure such content is removed immediately.

Secondly the logo is not intended to be big or huge, this will be reduced in size. If you were a member or even noticed the original FA logo contained text. Making it a full logo. This new logo is not full, this is why it needs to be an appropriate scale as having a small logo dead center in the header would not idealistic, and wouldn't fit the forum.

Ok, it may have looked like I was implying that your website is a blackhat website, but that was not the intent of my previous post.

Having a large logo like that makes the website LOOK like a blackhat website. Yes, Ben Cousins is correct that it is the PERCEPTION that people get when they first see that large logo. (I'm not saying it's right or wrong... it's that perception that is very hard to overcome at first glance)

Having said that... I decided to downsize that logo to a really small size 40x40. Now, to me, it looks like a Japanese language symbol (no offense to the Japanese language).

Again... here we would potentially get the wrong impression about this website. People might mistake it for a Japanese website or maybe mistake it for an Anime website.

See my point?

[Image: VFY7Z04.png?1]

Appreciate you taking the time to discuss this further. You’re absolutely correct, and we hugely appreciate your feedback - honestly. Our site is built on community feedback and interaction. We will absolutely be adjusting the logo to a smaller size, as well as adjusting this to better suit the niche.

Interesting point about the smaller FA looking like a Japanese niche logo. I will discuss this further with Liam to see if we can perhaps tweak this a little. 

Please note (and admittedly this was not correctly communicated) that this is not the finished theme and is entirely subject to changes. 

Thanks again! Keep living with authority,
The Forum Authority team

Owner and operator of Creators Wave