Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Forum Authority
(07-20-2018, 02:08 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote:
(07-20-2018, 01:49 AM)Billie Joe Armstrong Wrote: Forum Authority has not necessarily been Left for dead however it has not been worked on continuously, if it were completely abandoned the domain would be up for sale and the website would be down. Although I do appreciate you taking notice.

Only if you've either not renewed the domain, or thought there was resale value.

(07-20-2018, 01:49 AM)Billie Joe Armstrong Wrote: I will be working on bringing a new team on the site as well as getting some regular updates sent out, starting with cleaning up any spam posting that is left behind, I will do my best to bring the site backup to standard.

The old "let's throw a new staff at it and see what happens"

This never actually works, just so you know. A new team will be made up of people who don't value their time, or don't have anything better to do, and you'll be in this position again in three months. Tops.

I just visited the website and I can report back that FA is barely moving along. 

A lot of posts were done over 2 weeks go. Not much since. 

Ben Cousins, I think you might onto something. Time will tell!
I'm Serpius and You're Not
[Image: 5M7sb0n.png?1]
I'd like to think it's more than just slapping a team together and expecting things to work, as you're right yes that will not lead anywhere. However we will see how things play out and time will tell indeed. Thanks for your input guys!
TWISTED SISTER ROCKS!
(07-20-2018, 03:14 AM)Billie Joe Armstrong Wrote: I'd like to think it's more than just slapping a team together and expecting things to work[...]

So would I, but from what experience has taught me, that isn't the case.
[Image: kAhpvOW.png]
(07-20-2018, 03:14 AM)Billie Joe Armstrong Wrote: I'd like to think it's more than just slapping a team together and expecting things to work, as you're right yes that will not lead anywhere. However we will see how things play out and time will tell indeed. Thanks for your input guys!

Disregard what "it" has to say. "It's" service is only up because it's a very small "niche" that it supports. 

The problem you will have though is 13 - 16 year olds who want a taste of power. The best way to get a proper staff is to:

1) Set an age limit
2) Make them prove they would like to be a part of a team, put together a thread with "Interview" questions. Based on the way they type and conduct themselves with how elaborate their answers are will help you determine who should be "decent".
3) After a written questionnaire, have a voice conference with them. This proves and provides a few things:
  1. If they are who they say they are age wise
  2. You will get to see their mannerisms
  3. If they have to worry about "mommy" hearing them
  4. You gain a reading of their maturity level
4) While on voice (Discord/Skype/Slack what ever you want), give them scenarios. And ask them to explain step by step how they will handle it.

Doing all this makes it hard on who ever is applying, and once they realize that they have to get on voice chat, most run away because they know they have squeaky voices. It is a rigorous and time consuming task for them, then once you decide "Hey, this person might actually be what I need". Don't give them the position, give them a "In-Training" status that limits what they can do and then that gives you time to see what they are actually like in the "field".

This is constructive positive feedback, something "it" can't seem to handle - not naming names.
www.volvl.com | Get your first month of hosting for $0.01 USD with Promo Code: Hexeus
[Image: 12946833.gif]

(07-28-2018, 10:41 AM)Zaqre Wrote:
(07-20-2018, 03:14 AM)Billie Joe Armstrong Wrote: I'd like to think it's more than just slapping a team together and expecting things to work, as you're right yes that will not lead anywhere. However we will see how things play out and time will tell indeed. Thanks for your input guys!

Disregard what "it" has to say. "It's" service is only up because it's a very small "niche" that it supports. 

The problem you will have though is 13 - 16 year olds who want a taste of power. The best way to get a proper staff is to:

1) Set an age limit
2) Make them prove they would like to be a part of a team, put together a thread with "Interview" questions. Based on the way they type and conduct themselves with how elaborate their answers are will help you determine who should be "decent".
3) After a written questionnaire, have a voice conference with them. This proves and provides a few things:
4) While on voice (Discord/Skype/Slack what ever you want), give them scenarios. And ask them to explain step by step how they will handle it.

Doing all this makes it hard on who ever is applying, and once they realize that they have to get on voice chat, most run away because they know they have squeaky voices. It is a rigorous and time consuming task for them, then once you decide "Hey, this person might actually be what I need". Don't give them the position, give them a "In-Training" status that limits what they can do and then that gives you time to see what they are actually like in the "field".

This is constructive positive feedback, something "it" can't seem to handle - not naming names.

Hello,

Previously this is what we used to do when looking for new recruits, more often than not we would hit them with scenarios and get more out of them in interviews, however, definitely a good step moving forward.
TWISTED SISTER ROCKS!
(07-28-2018, 10:57 AM)Billie Joe Armstrong Wrote:

1) Set an age limit

Hello,

Previously this is what we used to do when looking for new recruits, more often than not we would hit them with scenarios and get more out of them in interviews, however, definitely a good step moving forward.

Another great way to "test" your "In-Training" Staff, is to have an alt account or a friend literally cause trouble on the forums. Then see how they handle "real-world" issues and not just "what ifs". They can say they will do one thing, but when it comes time to practice what they preached, they tend to reveal their true colors.
www.volvl.com | Get your first month of hosting for $0.01 USD with Promo Code: Hexeus

(07-28-2018, 11:05 AM)Zaqre Wrote:

1) Set an age limit

Hello,

Another great way to "test" your "In-Training" Staff, is to have an alt account or a friend literally cause trouble on the forums. Then see how they handle "real-world" issues and not just "what ifs". They can say they will do one thing, but when it comes time to practice what they preached, they tend to reveal their true colors.

Yes I do absolutely agree with this and it's a great idea.
TWISTED SISTER ROCKS!
(07-28-2018, 11:10 AM)Billie Joe Armstrong Wrote:

1) Set an age limit

Hello,

Best of luck!!

(07-28-2018, 11:12 AM)Zaqre Wrote:
(07-28-2018, 11:10 AM)Billie Joe Armstrong Wrote:
(07-28-2018, 10:41 AM)Zaqre Wrote: Disregard what "it" has to say. "It's" service is only up because it's a very small "niche" that it supports. 

1) Set an age limit

Hello,

Best of luck!!

Thank you and much appreciated on the advice!
TWISTED SISTER ROCKS!