Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Latest Logins IPs on User CP
Hi,

I am back with a suggestion for 2.0.

Under User CP there should be an area where logged in members can check last logged in IPs, say 5 or more specified by admin from ACP. It will be helpful if someone's account has been hacked.

I think as all logged in users IPs are logged into the forum database and admins can check it, it will not be taking extra space in the db.

Please share what you think about it.

Thanks
I vote yes for this +1
+1 along with browser user agent and IP based location, but there will need to be a scheduled task to clean up old IP addresses after a point in time.

This will also need to have a setting to turn this (and IP logging) off completely to comply with laws in countries such as Germany.
(06-19-2016, 01:36 PM)Euan T Wrote: This will also need to have a setting to turn this (and IP logging) off completely to comply with laws in countries such as Germany.

If board staff will be able to access it (profile/MCP/ACP), IMO it should be disabled by default.
devilshakerz.com/pgp (DF3A 34D9 A627 42E5 BC6A 6750 1F2F B8AA 28FF E1BC) ▪ keybase.io/devilshakerz
(06-19-2016, 02:45 PM)Devilshakerz Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 01:36 PM)Euan T Wrote: This will also need to have a setting to turn this (and IP logging) off completely to comply with laws in countries such as Germany.

If board staff will be able to access it (profile/MCP/ACP), IMO it should be disabled by default.

I would agree with that. Whether staff can access it should also be a permission.
Quote:+1 along with browser user agent and IP based location, but there will need to be a scheduled task to clean up old IP addresses after a point in time.

Totally agreed :-) , no need of scheduled task, simply remove first(old) ip entry with every new login.

This way last 5 ip entries are shown, on each login first entry gets deleted (obvious 5th will be latest entry)
I agree with this.
-Ben

Please do not PM me for support. I am looking to be hired for paid services.

You can view my paid services here.
Hi,

Your feature suggestion has been accepted as a planned feature to be implemented in MyBB 2.0. Thanks for your contribution!