Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Username Change History
Hello,

An option to show Username change history on profiles will be good (with the last X usernames kept).

Ofcourse, with an option to enable/disable it using AdminCP.

Thanks
I'd say it's pretty useful, especially for moderators.
Agree with this. Maybe for a moderator only option though.
-Ben

Please do not PM me for support. I am looking to be hired for paid services.

You can view my paid services here.
I'd say this would be handy for all members if a member suspected of being a scammer or similar changed his name it's not always possible to be able to know who the members previous alias was.
[Image: TExMo15.png]

I think this should be something that should be available to all users and not only that, but that this isn't an option; it's a requirement that username changes are logged and in a location everyone can see.
Do NOT pm me for support on ANY of my plugins
DO pm me if you got suggestions for existing ones (although posting in the proper thread is preferred), or suggestions/ideas for new plugins (keep in mind I'm an amateur but not necessarily a beginner.)
(07-08-2016, 02:36 AM)Ircher Wrote: I think this should be something that should be available to all users and not only that, but that this isn't an option; it's a requirement that username changes are logged and in a location everyone can see.

The problem with this is that occasionally people want to change their username to improve/protect their privacy (for any number of reasons: incidents on other forums, change of heart, etc.) and publicly displaying a username history like that would eliminate that use case.
PGP Key (Fingerprint: 23B6 F4C0 FE2D 45AA 61A0 1E86 DB87 09DC DD87 6E40)
Bump.
Nice suggestion for security.
(07-10-2016, 01:48 AM)Josh H. Wrote:
(07-08-2016, 02:36 AM)Ircher Wrote: I think this should be something that should be available to all users and not only that, but that this isn't an option; it's a requirement that username changes are logged and in a location everyone can see.

The problem with this is that occasionally people want to change their username to improve/protect their privacy (for any number of reasons: incidents on other forums, change of heart, etc.) and publicly displaying a username history like that would eliminate that use case.

Makes sense to me, would be fine if it can be displayed only to team members (mods/admins). That way we can get a log of username changes without showing it publicly.
Hi,

Your feature suggestion has been accepted as a planned feature to be implemented in MyBB 2.0. Thanks for your contribution!
-Ben

Please do not PM me for support. I am looking to be hired for paid services.

You can view my paid services here.